Chapter 17

"I've been looking for you." Soojin turned around and saw Shuhua holding a red cup, there wasn't any trace of the blonde beauty around. "Are you really?" Shuhua frowned at Soojin's response to her.

The girl seems to be not in the mood right now. "Is something bothering you?" Shuhua decided to stay with Soojin here inside the kitchen. Most of the people were at the garden. She already saw and greeted their Dean, it wasn't that surprising seeing the Dean here.

'Yeah and it's you.' Soojin wanted to say that but she keeps her words to herself only. "Sorry if my response to you sounded quite bothersome. I'm fine it's just that I'm not really fond of associating with people that much." Soojin stares at her own cup.

Shuhua leaned her lower back onto the kitchen counter. "I noticed and that's why I was looking for you." Soojin's heart stopped for a second as she looks at Shuhua who was also looking at her with those gentle eyes like she was gonna catch you when you fall.

For this reason Soojin couldn't help but drown in those eyes. She loves Shuhua's eyes, she loves how it shows how honest and genuine she is, but there is one thing that she hates about it.

She hates how Shuhua's eyes sees her four years ago up until now.

She was fine being friends, just friends.

Or was she really fine with it?

Mathematics is the language of universe. And I don't mean that as a practical thing. In fact, it is equally poetic and logical.

In some ways, we are a set of universe ourselves.

Soojin wants to know what Shuhua thinks of her platonically and romantically if that is even possible. She wasn't dumb not to notice that the person named 'Tzuyu' which the Taiwanese had mentioned, she knows that 'Tzuyu' has a place in Shuhua's heart.

I want to make it with you. (If that was possible)

Universe and Us

If you think about it this way, life suddenly feels special. A single different combination and you'd have been a completely different person. But the universe had a set of repeating patterns that allowed you to exist. It gives you this comforting mindset that you were always meant to be here and every atom of you matters.

Soojin was too immersed on her own thoughts to notice that the younger one was moving closer to where she is. She felt those lean arms wrapping around her waist from behind. "Jin you can always tell me anything if there is something wrong." Shuhua's voice was undeniably soothing in Soojin's point of view.

She could just melt.

If a stranger would point it out, they would probably tell the both that they are a couple when in fact they aren't. Soojin slowly moves away from Shuhua feeling her own heart about to burst from beating so loudly for a certain Taiwanese.

"I h-ave to go." Soojin stuttered as she walks out of the kitchen leaving a confused Shuhua behind.

It was wrong in so many ways.

And

She shouldn't be doing this.

Guilt started to crawl up to her while thinking of Hui.

Soojin runs her fingers through her hair, finding it so hard to breathe and sort out her thoughts. She's stuck between stopping her growing feelings for Shuhua and staying in a relationship with Hui.