Chapter 10

"A smile will get you pretty far,
but a smile and a gun will get your farther" -Al Capone
____________________________________

The evening of the Ball had arrived and the office was the last place you would find me in a celebratory day like that. All had been decided until the night before. Our strategy to approach the Japanese but also to enhance our previous alliances. The Mexicans were enthusiastic with the idea of a ball being held to their honour and Dante didn't miss the opportunity of offering to be my escort.

Needing no man to get me nowhere and especially introduce me to the event I organised, I politely declined and promised that I would provide him with the best looking woman for tonight. I set him up with Elain. She was absolutely stunning and deadly. She was one of my assassins, extremely skilled. I trusted her with the task of keeping Dante's mind, heart and penis occupied.

Announcing my starting to get ready, two ladies and a man entered the bedroom. Jean, my stylist and his two assistants who specialised in makeup and hair each. I sat down to the chair before my mirror and with a nod of my head I permitted them to start. Brushes on my skin, tickling me at times and hair spray reaching my nostrils as the woman tried to tame my curls.

After one hour, makeup and hair were done. Seeing my reflection in the mirror I was pleased with the result. My hair gently falling on my shoulders fixed in loose curls. My eyes drawn with a feline eyeliner and my lips coloured with a deep red matte lipstick. The perfect balance between elegant and sexy.

"Mon cherrie, ready for the dress?" Jean smiled and I nodded in agreement. Slipping out of my robe, standing in nothing but underwear I waited for the dress.

 Slipping out of my robe, standing in nothing but underwear I waited for the dress

It is not needed to say that all the attention would go to me. I was after all Valencia Kingsley. Nothing less was expected. As they fit me into the dress and applied the finishing touches. The jewelleries consisted of long black stone earrings and a beautiful black diamond ring.

I looked breathtaking.

{20 minutes time skip}

As the guests had already arrived, I was meant to enter from the main door inside the mansion where a stair lied. Erik by the side of the door and another guard on the other, opened the folds catching the attention of the people. Erik's eyes roamed through my body and his glare met the side of my face as I ignored him completely. Hearing the chatters for what was awaiting, I stepped forward revealing myself. Gasps were heard as I moved towards the stairs. Granting them all a smile, I descended the stairs. Observing the room, checking people out of my list, my eyes stumbled upon a face I didn't recognise. Though his features screamed Italian.

As our eyes met, he raised the glass and drank to my honour, showing respect. But I saw behind his facade to the smirk he was hiding underneath the glass that was covering his lips. Taking my eyes off him quickly I had reached the floor. The first one to greet me was Dimitri, Russian Mafia.