Chapter 56

"Whatever our souls are made of, hers and mine are the same."
_______________________________

*Emiliano's POV*
Holding the bouquet of dark red roses tightly, I waited for her. Everyone waited for her, holding their breath. I could only imagine the beauty that would be arriving before me after Devon stuttered to even put her beauty into words. I took a deep breath and ran my hands down my tie, readjusting it and clearing my throat.

Then Devon patted me on the back, signaling me that she was about to enter. The music started, a soft piano melody lacing the suspense and adrenaline rush which kept my heart pounding. And from the back of the gardens, I saw her appearing like a fallen angle through the black and white roses. With Alfred by her side, she stepped on the rose petalled aisle and everyone gasped as they took a closer look at her.

When her whole figure came into sight, my heart stopped, my mouth felt dry and my eyes widened. She looked...She looked... Words couldn't describe her beauty as she marched the aisle to come to me. A fallen angel. A goddess. A priestess. Something divine. She left everyone speechless with no other thought in their mind but her. She was the only I could see. Her eyes found mine and I was brought back to life, gasped from the desperate need of air that her beauty had caused me to abandon. She was everything.

When she reached me , her eyes full of a light I would always fight to preserve, I offered her the bouquet and brushed my fingers against hers burning for the touch of her even for a single moment. She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back at her.

"You look handsome." She said, her smile turning into a devious smirk making me chuckle. There she was. The devil I had come to love.

"I-I..." I stuttered too. There was no word powerful enough to capture her beauty, her glow.

"Finally speechless." She smirked in
victory. The priest approached and everyone sat down once again, falling into silence. We took our places facing each other.

"Welcome all, we are gathered here to join Valencia and Emiliano in holy matrimony." He declared and my heart was in my throat. It was happening. And I would be the first to exchange vows. "Please, if you would be kind to grace us with your vows?" The priest smiled kindly stepping behind for the moment. I took a deep breath and bore my eyes into hers and everything vanished. These was things I wanted her to know. Her for the rest of our life.

"Valencia, amore, everything is better with you. Everything has been better since you. I fell in love with you without knowing what love truly was. I stayed in love with you because no one else had made me feel the way you did. I still fall in love with you every single day because there's no one else I can imagine spending the rest of my life with. It was you. It was always you. Since the moment I laid eyes on you in that torture room all tied up and at your mercy. It's you in 2 in the morning or 4 in the afternoon. It's you when I am sleeping, training, feeling, breathing. You are everywhere and you are everything. And every cell in my body is telling me that you are my happily ever after. There's something about you that made me want everything with you, and nothing with anyone else. My heart is so full of you I can hardly call it my own. So I give it to you, it is yours to take, ruin, cherish, break for the rest of our lives." A tear fell down her cheek as I finished and I wiped it away.

"Emiliano, you showed me one important thing that no one has ever been able to show me before. Not that I'm beautiful, not that I'm smart, not that i'm sweet. None of that. You showed me something more important than those things. You showed me that I was important that there's a reason I'm here. You made me feel like the world was lucky to have me.You made feel as if I was worthy of love and forgiveness when I had none to spare. Falling for you wasn't falling at all. It was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home. I couldn't tell if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second, third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you in that ballroom, stared into your eyes, I realized that the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you. Your eyes held everything my soul had been thirsty for. And your love the light that my darkness had been expecting to welcome. I want to do this with you because for me there's no other choice." I didn't realize tears were staying in my cheeks until the end of her speech, and I smiled through them at her words. I love her.