Chapter 19

"Do or do not. There is no trying."

___________________________________

The meeting with Emiliano helped me better understand the nature of the threat I was dealing with. Whoever hired him, knew of my abilities and the probability of Emiliano being taken hostage by me. Emiliano spoke the truth as I confirmed with a lie detecting machine during our talk. He never met with his clients in person unless it was a matter of paramount of importance that couldn't be discussed through a phone call. So, the only proof and thing we could use to track the man behind the attack down was some phone records. Other than that, Emiliano also told me that the way the man spoke about my death hid a burning desire. Someone I knew, someone close to me. Someone that I had wronged or scared the shit out of. Hatred and anger. A rival perhaps.

This had just gotten a lot more interesting...

The first suspect that came to my mind was Megumi but then again this was too predictable even for him. He wouldn't dare act like that knowing that I would come after him with everything I got. However, it didn't hurt to keep him in mind and track his moves. The other mafia leaders would be indirectly interrogated through our meetings throughout the weeks. An interrogation party would also start inside the Kings. I needed to know if there was a rat between us. Emiliano got past the security system too easily. He must have had some help from the inside.

Emiliano was escorted to his room and I was left alone in the room. Judging from my appearance, you wouldn't realize that I was boiling inside. My cold unfazed front didn't match with the burning flames that roared inside my mind. I needed to calm down and blow off some steam. 'Anger clouds your judgment.' I thought to myself. Taking three deep breaths, I stood up and exited the room.

Rushing down the corridor, I took the elevator to the garage. I informed the guards of my missing for a few hours and left Alfred in charge for the timed being. Getting in the car, I didn't wait a minute longer and got out on the road. I knew exactly where to go.

Arriving to my destination, I parked inside a dark shady alley. I quickly into something more comfortable than heels and suit pants and got off. Hiding my face with a bandana around my lips and nose, I left only my eyes exposed. My hair tied up in a ponytail. I walked to the metallic door and knocked three times. A pair of eyes appeared.

"Code and name" He demanded and I fought the urge of rolling my eyes at him.

"Kingsley." I leaned closer to the door and the minute he heard the name he unlocked the door and let me in. He smiled and welcomed me to the club. A guard escorted me to the stairs and guided me to the underground shooting club.

In the past three years, when I had taken over...I realized that I needed a place where I would have the opportunity of escaping the hustle of the mansion and the mafia work in general for a bit. The illegal shooting club occurred to be just the place I needed and since I discovered it I visited it at least once a week. I was good at shooting. Actually I was and am the best inside this club. My name is carved on top of the liquor shelves for everyone to see.

When I was at the club, everyone knew better than to approach me. I made it pretty clear that this was my relaxing time when I shoved a bullet up a person's knee the last time for disrespecting my privacy. Silence fell as I walked through the crowd to my personal cabin. I was good client with a fat bank account, they would lick a spilled drink off my shoes if necessary.

Waiting for me inside were my shotgun which I had named 'Deadshot' and my all time favorite bottle of vodka. In the background the wooden targets stood imposing, waiting for me to tear them apart. I examined the room for a bit and exhaled sharply. Then I asked for the guard to call Barney for me and dismissed him shortly after. He shivered at the hand movement I gave him and I couldn't fight the growing grin that appeared on my face.