Chapter 51

"Most of the time when we think we're looking for death, we are truly looking for love."
________________________________

Emiliano's POV
She looked absolutely ravishing sleeping soundlessly next to me. Her face reflected the calmness of an unbothered sea and I smiled at the sight of her serenity. The smile still faintly tugged on her lip from last night.

She couldn't stop smiling neither crying. Even if it wasn't out of happiness I kissed each and one of those tears away so as not to stain her beautiful face. She was mine. She was mine in a way that everyone would understand. In a way that everyone will know who she belongs to and what's coming for them if they dare touch her.

Her eyelids fluttered open and my heart skipped a bit at the sight of her eyes. I could never get enough of those doe eyes which held such seductiveness. "Hey." She smiled looking up at me from her pillow, her curvy hair covering most of the silky surface of it.

"Hi." I replied taking her in. Her body strangled between the white sheets which snaked around her legs exposing her hips partially. Her hand rested on the side of her hips and at the morning sun the dark stone on her finger shone, marking her.

"What?" She asked capturing my eyes once again.

"It suits you perfectly, amore." I said glancing down at the ring and her eyes followed. Her smile grew and she bit her lower lip raising her hand to examine it better.

"I think so too." She unwrapped her body from the sheets standing up naked. After our first round on the floor of the cement wall torture room, we took our business to her room and the master bedroom of this mansion. In the inside of her thighs were the marks of my teeth and lips reminding us of the passionate night.

"I forgot to tell you..." She said from the bathroom where she had disappeared after picking up a pair of underwear and a tight royal blue dress that went all the way down to her knees. "I'm meeting with a potential housekeeper today. Luke something. He will be attending as a replacement of Alfred around the house."

"Luke Marshall." I looked down at the card she had left of his name and number on her nightstand.

"Good. You found the card." She came out of the bathroom ready with her hair up on a bun, looking too professional for a mafia boss or rather too classy for the cruelty of one.

"Why don't I interview him?" I offered, glancing momentarily at my phone to see that Devon had texted me to meet with him today.

"Already spoiling me, I see." She chuckled and grabbed the card out of my fist, "But I can handle it." She went to put on her signature classic leather black heels and some perfume.

"I'm sure you can." My phone rang and I picked it up hearing Devon's voice on the other line. I rolled my eyes and Valencia smirked at my dramatic response, liking seeing me being tortured. "How about we meet at the mansion?" I offered to him after his crazy friendship monologue and how he had helped me with the whole proposal thingy.

"See you then." I ended the phone call, "So I think I must prepare you for Devon..." I turned to Valencia who found this amusing.

"Is he worse than you?" She asked, crossing her hands over her chest and leaning over to the wall.

"More annoying." She rolled her eyes and I smirked.