Chapter 22

"No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne"

________________________________

Processing all this information while being in a much better mental state helped me realized that winning this kind of war would be hard but not entirely impossible. I demanded that all of the high-positioned males and females to attend the meeting that would be hosted to discuss the issue. Only trusted members of the mafia would be hearing about this as keeping all of this quiet was necessary for the plan I had in mind.

The room consisted of Alfred, my right hand. Lenin, public relations guy. Diana, the torturer. Erik, my personal bodyguard. Rosalind, one of the best fucking assassins I had. Peter, the tech guy. And lastly, Emiliano, sitting at the back of the room. His eyes fell on me as soon as I entered the conference room but I didn't bother returning the gaze. It wasn't the time. I was working. A file was placed before each of them, giving them just the right amount of information for us to begin. All of them dived into it the moment I nodded my head and their lips curled into thin lines by the time they were done.

Reading their expressions, I knew better to let anyone say anything before me. "It's not impossible. Don't look at me like it is. You have been selected to be here because I deemed you worthy of my trust and because that you're fucking good at what you're doing. Make me regret that... it won't end nice." I took a sit on the head of the table, crossing my legs and tilting slightly my chin up in authority.

"The information displayed in front of you confirm the intentions of the leaders of the Japanese, Mexican, British, Irish and Italian towards the Kings. Towards me. They all paid immense tones of money for Emiliano Corleone, most highly paid assassin, to kill me, get me out of their way. They want me out because I'm a woman ruling an empire that's twice the size of each of theirs. They're afraid of how stronger we get by the minutes, how richer..." I took a good look at all of them, studying their faces. And then I said to all of them. "They're afraid of the Kings. " A wave of anger flowed in everybody's eyes and Emiliano leaned back on his chair, observing, realizing why I was the boss. "They don't know we hold this kind of information. Winning this, requests secrecy. And we're going to win this. A king doesn't lose. So do the Kings." They all nodded in agreement, praising my name.

"What do you need us to do, boss?" Rosalind said. I had never seen such bravery before her. I recruited her when she was only a teenager, fighting to make amends. She pick-pocketed one of my bodyguards and even though she got caught she never let the wallet fall out of her hands.

"You all know the heads." Alfred spread their pictures on the table. "Megumi Ayato, Link Shepherd, Francesco Costello, Braden Walsh and Dante Gonzalez." These five men in another reality would belong on the covers of magazines. No matter how old or young they were, they were undeniably charming. Charm is one of the best assets in our field of expertise. Enchanting the others will get some sweet deals.

"Megumi Ayato has already attacked once. This is enough to get him out of the way." Diana spoke. A predatory look drawn upon her face. The sharp angles of her faces reminding me of her deadly knives and how much she wanted them through Megumi's flesh at the time.

"That's true." Lenin entered the conversation. "The other leaders will understand your move. He broke the alliance. He sent people after you. You have a reason to want him dead. We are not jeopardizing anything..." He left us waiting as he thought about it twice and added. "However, it would be strange for you to react this long after which might raise some suspicions."

"Miss Kingsley is aware of that." Alfred interrupted before anyone could start talking again. I offered him a faint smile and moved on.

"Peter" he shifted in his sit, his attention wholly on me. "I want anything you can find on their families and permanent residencies through satellites. Kids, wives, sisters, brothers, I don't care. Look where it hurts them." He wrote down every word that came out of my mouth. Peter was young and curious. He looked at me as if I was a God and had repeatedly mentioned his admiration to me. He was fond of learning new things and never stepped down on a challenge. I liked him.