Chapter 52

*2 months later*

*Valencia's POV* (realizing she's actually getting married in 2 weeks)

"Fuck!" I hissed frustrated as Alfred paced calmly and methodically around the office with a pad in his hand noting down every detail that needs to be ameliorated or taken out fully in order for a destruction or crisis to be avoided.

"Calm down, Miss Kingsley. I shall see to make that flouriest deliver your flowers of preference  no matter what." Alfred reassured and I knew he was about to do whatever it took to get those flowers to decorate the wedding.

The wedding was two weeks away and everything was controlled and planned from the where it would take place to the fabric which would lace the chairs the guests would sit on. Every detail. Well almost every detail... because Emiliano and I with all the work and the retransformation of alliances after the defeat of those bosses hadn't had the time to prepare ourselves mentally nor practically. I didn't have a dress nor he a tux. We didn't even had rings. Yet. I exhaled sharply feeling the cold sweat spreading over my forehead.

2 weeks away.

"Alfred..." I bit my lower lip boring my eyes into his. My tone was a worried one and he stopped dead in his tracks. "I'm getting married." I told him and he smiled nodding his head.

"I know Miss Kingsley. I have been known for the past 2 months and waited for you to realize." He chuckled approaching my desk and sitting across from me.

"I don't have a dress. Emiliano doesn't have a tux. No rings. No shoes. We don't have nothing." My eyes widened as I took in how unprepared we both were and how oblivious to the fact that this was actually happening.

"Mr. Valentino is flying from Italy himself to make you a wedding gown and Emiliano a tux. As for the shoes, 15 different pairs of the highest quality and design arrived for you to try. I took the initiative to pick out my favorites. And as for the rings..." He searched down in his pocket and pulled out a brown leather box which looked to be tormented by the time passing it. And it looked familiar, like I had seen it again...

"Alfred. No. How?" My eyes teared up and I took a deep breath to calm the flooding back of memories from my old life before my biological parents' accident happened. When I was a happy little girl protected from the horrors of the world and showered with unconditioned love. "The rings of my father and mother? I thought they were buried with them."

"No. Your grandmother had them. They were given to her after the accident. That's what your father's and mother's will read. That they are passed to you. And after some digging I managed to get them. Consider them my gift to you." Alfred handed me the box opened for me to see them. Those two simple golden rings which for me represented the love poets wrote about.

"Thank you." Was all I could say. I had no words as I traced them with my fingers. "Thank you Alfred." I looked at him, a tear escaping my eye.

"Anything for you, my dear." He stretched his hand out caressing mine in a fatherly way.

"What am I going to do without you? You're leaving." I squeezed his palm, letting another tear fall.

"You will have your husband. I know what I said and I still believe that you are match made far from Heaven, but I can see that he loves you. This man, my dear, would die for you. And you would die for him. Even if you are both too stubborn to admit it." Alfred stood up and walked around the desk. I stood up and hugged him. He was like a father to me, after all those years.

"Promise you will call or write, old man." He laughed into the hug and retreated back to catch my eyes.

"I promise." He smiled and let my arms go. Then his phone dinged and I saw the notification popping up on his screen. "Valentino just landed." He said. "Let's find you something to wear on your wedding day."