Chapter 40

"You don't know someone until you have seen them beg for mercy. One will sacrifice anything but themselves."
________________________________

"Valencia," Alfred hesitated, "It's Mr. Corleone-"

"Send him in" I interrupted him before he could go on.

Emiliano walked in, his mask in hand, causing my eyebrows to furrow. He gripped it tightly the veins traveling down his hands popping from the pressure. Heading towards the desk with bold steps which radiated nothing but confidence.

This was suspicious. I shifted in my chair. And that smug expression drawn across his face made my thoughts wonder, scenarios flooding my mind. Scenarios that I'd rather not take the form of a reality. Reaching the table, he tossed the mask on it then leaned toward it resting his hands against it, his body launching forward.

He reeked off the smell of fresh blood and I could merely make out the stains on his dark clothes. "It's over." He said, repeating my words earlier.

"Indeed it is." I uncrossed my legs and crossed my hands over my chest. "Although I'm curious Emiliano," His eyes snapped to my figure, "Why are you here?"

His lips parted to give me an answer but a knock on the door interrupted our moment. How delightful. "Yes?" I called.

"Mr. Ivanov, Mr. Costello, Mr. Ayato and Mr. Shepherd are ready to propose their offers." Alfred explained through the door and I couldn't help the smirk growing on my face.

"Mind if we resume this later, darling?" I stood up from my chair and walked to him around the desk. "I have guests." I ran my hand down his shoulder. "I promise I will bear gifts." I patted his shoulder and escorted him to the door.

Opening the door, the men made space for him to pass as he refused to slide through them. Their eyes were on me. All had by their side their right hands which had arrived shortly from their hotels. "Gentlemen..." I pushed the door open.

~~~~~

After being done with closing deals and ripping them off the little dignity they had left, I was left talking to Alfred, discussing some final details.

Emiliano entering the room at the time, took his usual sit beside the door frame, leaning to the wall behind him. Tilting his head back, his neck's veins pumped, drawing lines on his tattooed skin. Alfred's head turned to him. My men who lurked in the corners fo the room, appearing in case he decided to be naughty for last times sake. Holding his indifferent glare, I ended the conversation with Alfred. Moving behind my desk, I bended picking up the suitcase with his money.

Tossing it on the table, I nodded at him to approach. Running through his leather jacket and adjusting better around his wide sculpted shoulders, he walked towards the desk. I snapped my fingers and one of the men immediately fell into step. He opened the suitcase, revealing the money to Emiliano whose eyes didn't even sparkle at the sight of them even though he had decided upon the amount of money. Reading his blank expression was a trap I knew too well to fall into.

"It's not enough." He finally spoke, his voice unfazed too, as he reached for the suitcase. Tracing the outline of it with the tips of his fingers, he closed it.

"You're right, Mr. Corleone. The task you helped us achieve, worths much more. How about I make the 5 million, 10?" I intertwined  my hands with each other, going with the flow of his little game. Our glares turning deadly with the minutes.