Chapter 12

"Do not let anyone get comfortable with disrespecting you"
____________________________________

Gathering myself, the guards rushing to my direction awaited orders. I took a peek of the others regaining their posture around me. Most of them already starring at me intensely, subtly accusing me of the incident. Ignoring their petty glares, I walked to the center of the room where his blood was spilled from the knife wound. Circling the paddle of blood before me, I looked at my men.

"Take samples." I ordered with a stiff and cold voice. "Collect his fucking DNA. If others were wounded, collect theirs too." I raised the tone of my voice and they moved immediately following through.

"We are going to play the biologists now." Link Shepherd, from the British Mafia, chuckled ironically. The other men in the room laughed to his comment. I threw him a death glare and laughed with delay so that everyone could hear my dissatisfaction.

"Well, do you have any other way of tracking them, mate?" I faked a British accent, imitating him. Witnessing the rage building up in me, he clenched his jaw and swallowed his words. His mafia had nothing on mine. He was a single kingdom and I was an empire. The only ones capable of dealting a blow where the Russians and the Italians with some effort.

"Isn't it convenient though?" Megumi contemplated loudly, a smirk drawn on his face. I knew what he was trying to do. He must have been a fool thinking I would let it happen. He really loved testing my patience.  "This particular night. It begs the question, doesn't it?" He said, running his eyes through everyone in the room, spreading doubts about my name.

"What are you saying, Megumi?" Dante asked, standing two feet away from me. His voice full of suspicion. He turned to me and I felt his gaze showering me with false accusations. "That Valencia planned this?"

"We should not rush into conclusions." Francesco interrupted, trying to break the tension building up in the room. With my face fully calm and my hands entangled with each other, I observed the show they put on for me.

"Men. Good men and women died tonight." Dimitri took part in the conversation too. "We must avenge the one responsible." His thick accent adding just the perfect amount of threatening in his voice. His glare fell on me too.

Feeling the masculinity in the room suffocating me, I smirked and laughed pretentiously. They all kept looking at me with faces who craved for revenge. But they had forgotten one thing, one thing only Francesco seemed to be remember, who the fuck they were accusing? Who the fuck where they talking to?

"You gentlemen really astonish me." I paused taking in all of their expressions which sank into confusion. "You come to my house, disrespect me, accuse me without proof and seek for revenge." My voice not changing throughout the sentences. Maintaining its coldness and strength. Taking a deep breath, I nodded to a guard near me to approach. He rushed beside and I took his gun hidden in his suit.

Running my fingers over the gun, I examined it. The others ordered their protection to be ready should I fire. As my fingers traced the turbulent texture of the metallic weapon, they stopped at the trigger. Pointing the gun at an abstract direction, I slowly span around myself aiming each time for each one of them. When I reached the end of the circle, I raised my hand, the tip of the gun aiming at the ceiling and fired. The loud bang caused chatters to emerge and people covered their ears trying to minimize the pain caused to their ears. Wives stepping in front of their kids in fear of what was about to happen.