Chapter 39

"A woman's world"

*Valencia*

The mansion had become a fortress, ready for war. Assassins, snippers, fighters, living killing machines were flanking every door, every window and inch of the house. Their senses heightened and their bloodthirsty glares communicated a sheer will which made murder an art of some kind. A war made symphony. And blood made paint for us to paint on this canvas that was power.

My blood was pumping through my veins and even though one would deem me to rightfully be scared, I wasn't. Not even the slightest. Death didn't scare me. Defeat did and I had almost eradicated that turn of events. Walking down the round stairwell, my high knee leather boots the first item to come into view, I took in the rows Kings ready to bow before me. I had put on a tight black elastic bodysuit which hugged my every curve highlighting my body-line. It was easy for me to fight in it.

About the boots you will wonder...Well, I don't wear flats. Never did, never will. I like the sound of heels clutching as I walk. It radiates a power, a confidence and at the same time causes fear to those who hear it, wondering what to expect as the sound approaches.

Reaching the floor, I could catch the sun setting from the floor to ceiling windows. Holding my chin up, I smiled at all of them awaiting for me. My pawns. My little pawns to victory. "Kings, you know what to do. Paint those walls red and bathe in our enemy's blood. Don't let anyone make it out alive. If you encounter the bosses and the bosses only, bring them to ball room. They're mine to devour. "Kill them all!"

"Yeah!" They all cheered and scattered around the premises.

I headed towards my office, reaching for the vault hidden behind the small library. Opening it, I sighed before my costumed made knifes and guns which had bathed in the Federoff's blood. I needed my lucky charm. I smirked as I strapped two knives in my hair and the gun around my waist. Another two blades went at the inside of my thighs.

I looked myself in the mirror wall of the vault and sighed at the sight of my unyielding eyes. Those wholes of darkness which never found peace. I blinked slowly, exhaling sharply and when I opened my eyes I saw him from the mirror starting vaguely at me.

I took a step back and moved the book so the vault could lock. I'd change its location after. Turning around, his eyes locked with mine. Tension coated the air and the electricity which our eye contact held made us both take a step closer. His eyes never wavered. But they changed, only for a split second, they did. They let their guard down offering me a glimpse into his soul. Letting me see that as I feared, as we both did, we were vulnerable together. We car-

A loud thump was heard causing us to crane our necks. Emiliano stilled and went to see outside the office's door. "They're here. And they're armed." He said looking at me, lingering a moment longer before putting his mask so that they didn't recognize him and jumping in the face of danger.

I followed shortly. Diana already waiting outside me office to take me to the ballroom. We hurried there and when we were finally in and the doors were locked, we stiffened. The shotguns, screams, groans of pain telling us what was evolving out there.

"Erik?" Diana talked to her ear piece. I didn't have one. Chose not to. "Erik? How are you holding up?" She waited for a response. Then she turned and faced me, "We are ten men down, eleven, twelve," Her face hardened.

"They're many." She said with a lump in her throat. Her eyes jumping from door to door, her ears perching with every noice. She wanted to get out there, wreak some havoc.

"Go." I ordered her. She looked back at me confused.

"I can't leave you al-" But then another row of gunshots was heard. This time more close and I clenched my jaw in order to keep my breathing steady.