Chapter 43

"Only enemies can speak the truth; Friends and lovers lie endlessly caught in the web of duty"
  -Stephen King
________________________________

*Valencia's Pov*
I had been standing inside this cement soundproof torture room for over twenty minutes watching Diana preparing her knives and electrocuting machines. Celeste had confessed to Emiliano about her meddling about in my demise. He had informed me. So I took some measures.

"You little bitch!" She cried out in anger. But she couldn't move. She stripped naked and tied on X shaped surface before me. Her arms and legs spread and I smiled at the irony of it. Maybe I was harsh. Cruel. But I didn't care.

I had given her another chance. Spared her fucking life.

"You're sick! You hear me?! You little skunk!" She spat at me screaming out her lungs as she squirmed under her restraints. I laughed.

"Why are you laughing, you suck brat? Huh?!" She spat at my shoes and I looked down at them, the drops of her saliva staining the tips.

"Because..." I bore my eyes into hers, "I'm going to show you just how much more sick I can be." She shivered and tears of anger and fear started streaming down her face.

"Please!" She started begging and I loved the desperation written on her face. "I'll do anything! Just tell me what you want me to do!"

"Ssshh" I silenced her. "What I want you to do..." I ran my hand down her cheek gently, "Is suffer, scream and Fucking die." I said calmly, nothing written on my face. A cold exterior.

"Diana," I called.

"I'm ready." She smirked faintly enjoying these sessions as much as I did. But as she was about to start, the door flashed open.

"Emiliano?" Diana questioned looking at him up and down.

"I sincerely apologize Diana," He took the knives off her hands and grabbed them, "But she's mine." He said looking at me and I took a deep breath knowing why he did this. He knew what it meant for me. The betrayal. The past that haunted me.

"What?! You admitted that-" Celeste cut in.

"I say a lot of things. Must be the fact that I'm a phenomenal liar." He approached her bare body and dragged the knives down her legs.

"Ah!" She cried. Two deep wounds tracing the length of her thighs.

~~~

After we were done with the skunk and her body was nothing less but pieces, we retired to a drink which was needed. Sitting at the terrace looking out the pool, we drank a fine rose wine.

"Blood suits you. Really brings out your eyes." I said to Emiliano who was still covered in her blood from the torture session. He chuckled, blowing out the smoke from his cigarette.

"Amore," He approached slowly staring softly at me, "They're dead. All of them." Yes. They were dead. The entire Federoff family was finally dead. And I felt a burden being lifted off my shoulders as I bore my eyes into his.

"Yes." I smiled faintly at him. "Yes they are." I walked towards his direction. I halted before him and looked up at his towering figure which made me feel safe in a way I couldn't describe. Or didn't want to describe. Was afraid to. "Thank you."

"Anytime, bellisima. Your tears will always be matched with their blood drops. Anyone who dares to hurt you..." He lifted my chin with his fingers, his other hand wrapping around my waist, "Will not live to see another day."

My stomach tightened and my heart skipped a bit at his words. My eyes got lost in his. And we were both consumed by that moment. His fingers caressed my cheekbone as he cupped my cheek and leaned forward.