Chapter 53

"The days are long. The days are hard."
_______________________________

*Emiliano's POV*
I paced around my bedroom, not believing what just had taken place. Devon had locked the door and hid the key to god know where while I had been freaking out about not touching, sleeping or even being in the same room as Valencia for two whole weeks. There was no way she would accept that. I wasn't. I just had to find this damned key and get the hell out of here.

I knew she had been waiting for me when she descended down the stairs in nothing but that silk robe. God, only the thought of her made me hard and I had been waiting to touch her all day long, feel her against me, smell her scent and drown in the crook of her neck. I curled my palms into fists and exhaled sharply glaring at Devon who lied unbothered on the bed.

"Where is the key?" I asked straight up, yanking the phone off his hand.

"Heyyyy!" He pouted and took it back letting it fall on his chest. "That I cannot tell you." He smiled bopping my nose as if I was some kind of kid who wasn't permitted to know where the jar of cookies was.

"I thought you didn't like marriage." I scoffed standing up from the bed.

"I don't like marriage," He said and the turned to face me, "But you do."

"Right." I huffed and ran my hands through my hair.

"I noticed the way you look at her. Does your world stop? Because you sure as hell seem to travel somewhere far away when her eyes meet yours." Devon chuckled sitting up on the bed, his back against the headboard.

"She's the one." I sighed.

"And that's why I have to prevent you from fucking this up!" Devon stood up stalking towards me, "You jackass! I'm not
letting you stand before God with your dick not cleansed."

"I didn't know you were religious." I laughed brushing him off.

"I'm not. I'm just trying to bluff my way up there. Recently, I realised that I don't like hot places, so... I'd rather not burn in hell." He chuckled and I laughed at his remark. This man was just the definition of chaos.

"You are crazy. Now give me the key." I said gripping his wrists and shoving him to the ground.

"Dude..." He batted his eyelashes as I strangled him with my whole body falling on top of his, "I didn't know you saw me that way..." He smirked and I slapped his across the face."Ouch!"

"The key Devon!" I spat.

"Let me think about it... mhm NO!" He pulled me off and threw me to the couch.

~~~~

Three days had passed after this so called cleansing as Devon had named it and I couldn't contain myself. I hadn't seen her for three whole days. Earlier in the morning I managed to catch a glimpse of her backside when she was going down the stairs only for Diana to appear shortly and cover the view glaring at me.

We were now at the dungeon, in the training wing. I had to blow off some steam because this lack of her had made my dick stiff and my balls blue. I punched the bag harder each time, seeing it shake with every touch of my fist and move uncontrollably. Devon worked on some weights so as to get his blood pumping.

He had indulged in a discussion with Pamela, another fellow assassin whose skills in shooting were spectacular. She was a sniper and her bullet killed you precisely. Distracted by her exposed body only in some gym shorts and a sports bra, Devon didn't threw a single gaze towards my direction. It was time I found my opening, my loophole to go see her.

I threw a last punch and collected myself. Silently I walked outside the gym looking around not to stir the waters. Last I checked Pamela was laughing at something Devon had said. Climbing up the stairs, I looked out for a lurking Diana or worse a lurking Alfred, when I saw no one around I rushed to the corridor which led to her office.

Stopping behind her door, I made sure to confirm that she was alone with no one waiting to launch at me the moment I stepped in. Glueing myself to the wall and holding my breath, I saw Diana passing down the end of the hallway to get to the gardens. With that I stepped in excited with a yearning I hadn't felt since the first time I'd sneak out to see hers

"Amore," I whispered closing and locking the door behind me. Her head snapped upwards and a crooked smile was drawn on her lips as she stood up and rushed to me, slamming her body against mine.

My back on the wall, I was in her mercy. Her scent invaded my nostrils and I groaned at the intoxicating smell of it. "Fuck, I missed you." I gripped her chin boring my eyes into hers.

"Kiss me." She ordered. "Kiss me." She begged this time and I didn't think twice before crushing my lips with hers. Her hands snakes around my neck and up my hair as she pulled me closer and deeper into her mouth.

The feel of her tongue on mine made my eyes roll and I groaned in pleasure at the feeling of her body once again on mine. My leg tore between her legs, with my knee only inches away from her clothed pussy. I gripped her hips pulling her closer and rubbing her against my knee.

"Fuck." She hissed at the pleasurable feeling and I captured her bottom lip between my teeth before grinding her harder against my leg.

"Boss!" We steeled at the sound of Diana's voice. "Why is your door locked?" She hissed shaking the handle and I let her go.

She nodded to the window, to which I run instinctively but when I saw where it looked down to I hesitated for a moment. It looked down the gardens, in front of the main living room where Alfred was seated in. He'd seen me fall, land.

"Go." Valencia whispered holding onto the door. "I had a very important call Diana." She unlocked the door and with this I jumped down to the grass, falling on my knees.

My body rolled down the rest of the way and I reached for the ground with my hands to steady myself. I stood up slowly running my hands through my clothes and hair when I heard, "Mr. Corleone."

"Shit!" I cursed hearing Alfred's voice and I raised my eyes to meet his.

"Devon has been looking for you." was the only thing he said but we both knew what it meant.
I nodded and walked away in defeat.

Actually not in defeat. I couldn't wear off
my smile for the rest of the day and I adored that my clothes now smelled like her. I managed to stole a single moment with her. I managed to stole a moment with my fiancé only to have an eternity of them with her as my wife.

My wife.

"What are you smiling for?" Devon jumped out of nowhere causing me to flinch.

"I will kill you." I spat at him.

"That's what they all say." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm getting married Devon." I said looking straight up at the sky.

"Did you just-" He went to ask something but stopped midway, "You saw her!" He shouted.

"Shh." I silenced him.

"I will kill you now!"

He said and kicked me where the sun doesn't shine.

Hope you liked this chapter!

Love, Lexi