Chapter 35

"If you could read my mind, you'd be in tears."

___________________________________

Pulling over to the entrance of the restaurant, the valet opened the car's door for me escorting me out of the car and into the restaurant. Diana got out and remained outside, leaning against a wall quietly and peacefully smoking her cigarette. Knives were strapped all around her waist and the outline of a gun grazed the outer side of her thigh, but no one dared say anything. Even if they didn't know my face, the golden K ring on my finger gave away that if hurt or disturbed hell would be unleashed upon them.

Giving the name of Dante to the girl working at the entrance handling the reservations, I was taken by a servant to the table. The table was at the VIP section hidden behind velvet burgundy curtains. Once I pulled the soft fabric aside I was met with a pair of relieved eyes. And I was surprised to notice that they never altered from my face to take in my body and the revealing tight cream colored dress I wore. I took my seat across from him and the smirk I had long to see dawned on his face making me faintly sneer. He caught that and chuckled at my attitude, having known that this kind of reaction was to be expected after the blow he had dealt on my pride.

"I really thought you wouldn't come." He broke the silence. His thick Mexican accent coating his every word. His gaze falling momentarily at my exposed cleavage, taking in my perky breasts causing his cheeks to blush a bit.

"But I did." I said placing my forearms on the table and leaning forward towards him. I didn't want to waste any time. Not when my mind was travelling elsewhere. At Emiliano and Celeste. He'd get her drunk tonight. And I have seen enough of her to know that drunk or not she was a huge slut. "Now Mr.Gonzalez," I ran a hand through my curls brushing them towards one side of my head, "To what do I owe this invitation except from your apology?" I blinked getting bored at the thought of him begging me for forgiveness just to earn some more pussy time with me.

"Does that mean I'm forgiven for this mistake?" he smirked devilishly.

"This mistake?" My jaw clenched and my muscles tensed, preparing for the worst. His expression had changed. His eyes had turned stone-cold and his hand curled around the knife of the cutlery set on the side of his plate.

"You won't be alive to forgive me next time." The knife flew out of his hand and I barely manage to dodge moving to the side as it brushed against my elbow scratching me slightly. I hissed at the pain and jumped off the chair. He stood up too, ready to leap on me.

Taking the bottle of water in my hands, I kicked him away from me before smashing the whole thing onto his head. That slowed him down and I gripped my phone, dialing Diana's number but before she could pick it up, I felt three sets of arms wrapping around my body. One around my waist, another around my left arm and another around my right arm. Dante groaning from behind in pain as blood dripped off his forehead due to the glass cutting him.

I fought to get out of their grip but their power overweighed mine and I hissed pressing my heel into one of his men's feet. The one who had his arms around my waist. He winced in pain and his hold around me lightened, but it was quickly replaced by Dante's hands slamming me hard against his chest.

"You should check the rooms you walk into." He whispered in my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck and I tried to yank my body one last time off their grip.

"You can't escape Valencia." His hands lowered towards my hips and I bit my lower lip, glancing towards my fallen phone. Diana had answered, she listened it all, she would be bulging into the room in any minute now. Unfortunately for me, Dante picked up the movement of my eyes. He knew he didn't have much time.