Chapter 13

"You are loosing my interest and that is very dangerous... for your sake."
__________________________________

The smoke flowing upwardly kept vanishing to the sky, as the cigarette rolled on the tip of my lips. Its bitter taste pleasing my throat who was sore from the burning whiskey I had earlier drunk. As I exhaled gently and slowly enjoying every minute of this deadly pleasure, I pondered on last night's events. The unfortunate turn they had gotten. My fist clenched around the handle of my office chair and I leaned back trying to ease the rage building up in me.

Finishing the rest of the cigarette, I extended my hand to put another glass of scotch. My thoughts too disturbing to dance around my mind without the relaxing music that alcohol offered. The jazz songs playing in the background which I had chose, pairing up perfectly with the exquisite taste of the drink as it reached my throat. The burning, merely a pleasurable pain.

My mind trailed off to the mysterious man named, if that was indeed his real name, Emiliano Corleone. His sudden unprecedented appearance to such a risky event with all the leaders there mustn't have been a coincidence. It would be too foolish to work alone. Like a sheep walking in a forest of wolves. Whoever ordered him to cause such trouble....
I shook my head. The importance of the issue now lied to his death and how much can I gain from it. Killing the man who took some of their wives and children lives. Hero would be an irony, I would call myself a savior of a kind.

My people were already working on him and his team. Collecting the samples helped our IT guy identify the perpetrators. It took some hacking to the National Health Organization but nothing an all nighter couldn't handle. We got two of the four guys. But the fifth, our dear Emiliano, seemed to have never existed. No record of him anywhere in the world. This man was a ghost, but this kind was exactly what I specialized in. I had seen his face and those remarkable eyes of his that my mind couldn't escape from.

Patrols were searching the city, the docks, the alleys and the lower smaller gangs that shivered in the sound of the Kings name. It was only some hours after the attack. He couldn't have gone that far, especially with an open wound on his thigh. I smirked at the memory of his dripping blood as my knife went viciously through his flesh.

He better get used to the feeling because they were lots of knifes I had planned on using on him. His blood covering the cement torture room. A river of it running from his face all the way down to his thigh and the floor, eventually reaching the tip of my shoe. His groans of pain... I sighed in desire of hearing those sounds.

A knock on the office's door snapped out of my thoughts and I regained my posture before allowing the person behind it to enter. Alfred walked in, the wrinkle on his forehead indicating something was wrong. I halted him with a hand, taking a deep breath as I prepared myself for the bad news awaiting.

"You may speak." I granted him permission as I ran a hand through my burgundy blood blouse, unbuttoning the former of the buttons closer to my neck.

"The Britain Mafia is thinking of backing down from our alliance. They also consider, as I learned from our spies in the country, to support the Japanese in this upcoming conflict as they call it." Alfred voice calm as the sea on a sunny day. His soothing tone making what he said sound less worse than it was. I clenched my jaw and gripped the glass by my side, squeezing it so hard that it broke within my fist. It left some deep cuts but the pain was enough to keep me from exploding.

"Let them side along with the Japanese. I'm sure after they will find their pussy backstabbing services delightful." The icy tone in my voice so sharp it could cut. "And when they come crawling back to me..." I said with a deep voice, biting my lower lip. "They will beg infinitely for my mercy."

"I see you're in a rather violent bloodthirsty mood today Miss." Alfred chuckled and I nodded affirmatively. Before we could say another word, Celeste intruded the conversation, Interrupting us.

I rolled my eyes and let her speak. She informed that Francesco was here about the tour I promised him. That judging tone wrapping her high pitched voice. They were really testing me these days. I ordered that she stays a little more. She stood beside the door and I told her to approach the desk, me.

"Kneel." I said and Alfred eyes shined with curiosity. She obeyed, her hands a little bit shaky from the terror. I gripped her chin, forcing her to meet my gaze. As the grip got tighter and my nails dug into her flesh, she whimpered. I laughed at her and whispered something in her ear. Her face turned pale. She leaned toward the ground and kissed my feet before rushing to exit the room.

I fell into step shortly behind, running a hand through my hair. Francesco would be a good distraction. His body appeared nice and sculpted from his tight shirt. His head raised from his phone and smiled as he took in my figure. I was in a black pencil skirt and a blouse with black heels. I walked towards him. I kissed him on the cheek as we greeted each other.

"Valencia, you look ravishing." He complimented, extending a hand for me to accept. "Shall we?" He motioned to the door and I saw the black limo awaiting outside for us.

"We shall but with a little change of plans." With a movement of my hand, the keys to the Lamborghini were handed to me. I threw them at him and he smirked at the sight of them.

"You like the speed, the adventure." His thick Italian accent dressing every word.

"What's life without a little danger?" I squeezed his forearm and led the way to where the car was parked. Francesco following, his eyes gazing at my lower back.

A perfect distraction. Another perfect actually.

Once we reached the car, he insisted that he drives and I didn't argue about it. He opened the door for me and hoped to his sit too after.

"A gentleman. That's how you make the girls yours, Francesco?" I watched my reflection to the little
mirror of the car, fixing my lipstick.

"Always works." He winked and turned the engine on. It roared before us and I already felt the adrenaline filling me.

"We'll see about that." I replied and his eyes sparkled at the sight of a challenge. Men were so predictable. Give them a challenge they can say no to and they're yours.

"On our tour, of course." I added and he laughed wickedly.

Hoped you liked this chapter! Do not forget to vote!

Love, Lexi