Chapter 63

IDK WHAT KIND OF TITLE IS SUITABLE FOR THIS CHAPTER .

Valencia's POV
After the incident at the little tavern, Emiliano and I have gotten even closer. Even though I have spoke the words at our marriage and opened myself to him, I realized there was more depth in our love. I couldn't believe I would ever say it out of the context of a joke but he's my soulmate. I haven't said it out loud. Neither of us have admitted in words the shift in our relationship since this night. But it shows in the way we look each other. Completely open.

The rest of the honeymoon flowed calmly. We relaxed, enjoyed the sun and walked around the streets of Italy. I understood why the country was so famous for. It radiated off a warmth and serenity that attracted the tourists. It almost felt like home. The people, the landscapes, everything.

We boarded on the plane of the return. My stomach has been bothering me since last night but I hadn't mentioned anything to Emiliano. I didn't want to worry him. He was on the phone, preparing everything in the mansion for our return. He had been for most of our honeymoon dealing with the operations back home not letting me work a second. He had done quite the job. I was impressed in how he handled everything and still managed to be present and active for me.

Anyways, I took a seat on the leather cream couch on the plane and exhaled. I placed one hand gently over my stomach, subtly, in order to help it recover a bit. If I could only make the flight back home with him not realizing anything I could go to Melinda (our doctor) to check me out.

"Everything okay, beautiful?" He entered the cabin, smiling and I raised my head to meet his gleaming eyes. How I adored the happiness drowning them.

"Yes. It must have been that sauce from last night. My stomach is acting up a bit." I said and he approached seating beside me and wrapping his arm around me. He planted a kiss on my forehead and squeezed my hand.

"Really? But you didn't eat more than a spoon of it." His eyebrows furrowed and he looked down at me examining my face closely. "You're pale. Have you eaten anything?"

No. I hadn't.

"Amore?" He looked down at me.

"I didn't feel like it." I replied turning away.

But then he ordered the flight attendant to bring me some eggs and a glass of fresh orange juice. I tried to resist but it was futile. He was insisting. Once the woman entered holding the tray of food and the smell hit my nostrils, I felt my stomach turning upside down. Last night's food reached up my throat and I gulped trying to shove it down. But the smell was strong and the urge to vomit became stronger. What was wrong with me? I never got sick.

I stood up and rushed to the bathroom leaving behind a fully alarmed Emiliano who didn't take long to catch up to me. Face down the toilet on my knees, I vomited. It was a disgusting sight. Emiliano barged into the bathroom and bend down to my level examining me with worried eyes and holding my hair back.

"I'm fine." I panted reaching for the toilet paper. He took it out of my hands and cut some of it wiping my mouth. Then he called for the attendant to bring in some water and leave it behind the door. He said to inform the pilot not to take off until he said so.

I looked up at him. His expression had changed. Something had dawned on him. Something that scared him and excited him at the same time. He locked eyes with me and took my hands in his. And then he asked, "Amore, is it possible that you're pregnant?"

I chocked on the sound of that sentence. What? Me? Pregnant? No. It couldn't be. But the facts were all pointing towards it. I had been ten days late, usually it didn't alarm me it was normal for my period to change within climates. I had taken out the spiral a week after we got married just in case. I never believed it would actually happen. I wasn't ready to be a mother. Was I? I didn't know how to be one. I would mess up this child. I was too broken to bring it to the world.