❂ 069. burning sun

•°. *FORCE BOUND.

lxix.    BURNING SUN

❛            one more sweet boy to be butchered by men / the gateway to the world / was still outside of reach of him

❛      one more sweet boy to be butchered by men / the gateway to the world / was still outside of reach of him.

SWAN UPON LEDA // HOZIER

MOONLIGHT DRENCHED HER RETREATING FORM: illuminating a mass of burning stardust, light emanating from every pore, with comets for bones, and constellations for eyes

MOONLIGHT DRENCHED HER RETREATING FORM: illuminating a mass of burning stardust, light emanating from every pore, with comets for bones, and constellations for eyes. Halos of stars crafting around whimsical, crescent curls; and it was of no wonder why Wolffe would call her Angel.

Angels are beautiful, but they burn. As stars burn out, so do they: burning, burning, flares smouldered within the asteroid field of their eyes. Igniting, flickering; and if you get too close they'll singe your soul. But, you'll drive closer anyway; drawn by the enticing comets, concealing the black hole swallowing you whole. When they let you grow close enough, they are lovely to touch.

But, so are all poisonous flowers.

Though, such flowers have antidotes: and Eisha Ree was more than confident to say Calon was hers. Yet, you cannot look upon the Sun without blinding yourself, and you cannot kiss a star, an Angel, without burning your lips.

Is that what it meant, to look upon a ruin? Bound to burning, bound to breaking — yet, bound to one another. With no clear beginning, no end in sight within Eisha's mind: she believed he was always there beside her, and only one day, she was able to touch him too.

And if the Sun blinds and stars burn: what were they exactly? Neither turned to ash upon the other's touch, and neither feared harming the other upon grasping their hand. So, neither were angel and devil: but Sun and Moon, and every and any holy being that derived that without one, there wouldn't be the other.

But maybe this time, they weren't anything holy, anything special. Merely humans, disastrous in nature contained by flesh and blood: though, still loving each other as deeply as any other life, knowing each other inside-out as any other existence. A thousand bodies, and their souls had found their way back together. As always.