Chapter 7

Alessio's pov

'So how are the kids?' Marko asked me after our meeting was done, I shrugged, 'fine I guess, I don't know about Kamiel because he's gone a lot, Kayarah and Elijah keep avoiding me most of the time and my two little girls they don't even care that much. Well they do but mommy is their favorite'

Marko patted my shoulder, 'you should retire man, spend some time with your kids. They need you, and you need them. I mean Kamiel is in his twenties, in ten years he will be married and so will your daughter and other son maybe. Look what I'm trying to say is, be there for them because they need you the most'

Marko was right, but I couldn't retire that easy, being a maffia capo isn't something you could give up. 'I'll go talk to Gabriel, have a good day Mark' I said goodbye and headed over to Gabriel who was calling with his wife, 'yeah I know baby I'll talk to Aless about this no worries. I'll call you later, bye love' he turned towards me and smiled, 'so everything done?'

I nodded, 'the deals are made and my men have duplicated. What was that phone call? Is Winona okay?'

Gabriel sighed deeply, 'she wants me to stop working and spend time with her and our kids...'

'I want to do the same actually...' I confessed, Gabriel's eyes lit up, 'great, we can stop this nonsense and work on our lives'

But that wasn't that easy. I looked on my phone seeing a message of Elena about Kamiel, 'HE WENT TO A BAR?!' I shouted shocked.

'what?!'

'Kamiel went to a bar and went with two strange girls. Is he crazy' I freaked out, we hadn't raised our son like that.

'like father like son I can say. Well I think this is my time to leave. Have a nice day brother'

~

I stormed inside the house seeing Elena, Carlos, Andrea and Kamiel arguing about what happened. I cleared my throat making sure they would notice me.

'good you're here' Elena headed over towards me and wrapped her arms around, 'your son hooked up with two girls in a bar and the worst thing is that he smells like he had an alcohol bath. What's wrong with your son?!'

Elena was really pissed, I looked over at Kamiel who sat there like he knew he had done something wrong. 'is that true Kamiel?!' I asked him.

'yes father...' he responded softly. I sighed, I should have talked to that kid. He didn't even knew what was happening. 'Elena, Carlos, Andrea, can I have a moment with him please'

'Ales-' but I cut her off, she was furious but left with her friends. I sat down next to him and looked him in the eyes, 'why have you drank so much alcohol son? I told you that it's bad for you and that you don't need it. A little is fine because you're 22 but you reek of the liquor'

Kamiel sighed with pain in his heart, 'it's because of you' he began, 'all I did my whole life was helping you and mom to get the family together. And all you did was work work and work. I am tired of being a parent here, I'm still a kid and believe me or not I don't like this family at all. I don't feel like I belong here, I mean Kayarah and Elijah are never here, Ella is always busy with her friends and Lucia is too young. I don't think I feel like I belong in this family at all'

It was heartbreaking hearing this from your own son, I rubbed his back and took a deep breath, 'I'm sorry, I am sorry for the way we treated you. I know this family isn't the perfect thing there is but we're trying. I'm quitting my job and let someone else become the capo. I want to spend more father son moments with you. I mean I don't even know if you have a girlfriend or like someone. I will fix this mess, I promise'

We both hugged each other and let it all sink for a moment, 'there is this girl I like...' he confessed.

'really? What does she look like?'

'short blonde hair, green eyes and freckles. She's really gorgeous and her name is Lucille. The only thing is is that she isn't interested in anything. Adrien and Calvin tried to hit on her but she rejected them and they are the most populair boys in school' He explained me. I sighed, of course there was a girl, I knew that he was going through something.

'You really like her huh, son you need to let things go the way things are. I promise you, pushing her will push her even more away. I made that mistake years ago with your mother and I'm still not proud of it. I was selfish, young and a immature little boy. I'm saying that if you really like her you should respect her boundaries'

He nodded with a deep sigh, I knew that gaze on his face, 'you never told me about your thing with your mother before dad... the only thing I can remember is that I was with mom and her stupid boyfriend when I was young. All these years she had dated multiple men but they all didn't like me enough. It was terrible seeing mom hurt. She wasn't happy at all and our live wasn't great. I know I was little but when I met you I always wanted to know more about you and mom the years before. Every time I asked about you she said you were a no one and someone we should talk about' Kamiel looked me in my eyes, 'can I— may I know about what happened to you and mom before I was born? Before you broke things off?'

'You're old enough for that talk... well where should I begin?'