Chapter 36

Lucille's pov

The doctor gently rubbed the gel on my belly and started to check for the baby. Kamiel kept holding my hand but when he saw the tiny body on the screen he squeezed it gently.

'Look baby, that's our kid' Kamiel smiled brightly, the doctor smiled too, 'look at your tiny baby. Look there are the feet, and the hands'

Kamiel laughed as he rubbed my thumb, 'I love you to much baby, I mean look at what we created. It's a miracle'

He gently rubbed the palm of my hand with his thumb, his other hand was on my leg. I could feel my heartbeat rising, I was so excited but so scared at the same time. That was my little baby, mine, and it happened all so fast. Everything wasn't going as planned but still I loved it. I never ever thought I would date someone before I was 30 at least. 'It's good to see that the baby is perfectly fine, no worries needed' the doctor explained.

'I'll print out the scan and leave you alone for a bit' he left the room as Kamiel kissed my hand, 'I can't believe we actually made a child. I mean can you believe it, we have been together for a few months and we're already a married couple' he chuckled. I sighed deeply, 'yeah we are...'

'Hey, are you okay? You seem a little down..'

'Yeah I'm fine, it's just.. don't you think we're going to fast. With everything, I mean I hardly know you Kamiel. I mean what do you know about me? Do you even know my favorite color?' I asked him.

He rubbed his neck, 'blue? Yellow?'

'See, we know nothing about each other. It's so weird'

Kamiel grabbed my face and smiled, 'Luce, we can always start over you know. We can date, we can hang out, get to know each other better. I want the best for you, and for the baby. I promise I will do everything for you!'

I let out a little tear and leaned my forehead against his, 'I love you Kamiel'

'I love you too babe...'

Kamiel's pov

We headed back to the halls of the hospital and sighed deeply, 'thank you so much doctor. I'll make another appointment when I have the time to do so' Lucille said goodbye to the doctor and we headed outside.

'I hope it's a boy' I said with a smile, 'it will keep the tradition you know. Every child of my fathers side had a boy at first'

Lucille rolled her eyes, 'I don't care. I want a girl, I'm sure she will be a girl'

I chuckled as I kissed her forehead, 'you're moody. What's the change?' I asked her while she shrugged, 'maybe the hormones, I didn't meant to be mean. I'm sorry'

'Hey hey, don't apologize to me. We're a family remember, you can be as mean to me as you want. I'll never stop loving you'

She chuckled, 'you know what. Let's go on a date tonight, just the two of us' she suggested, 'maybe go out for dinner first and then a stroll in the park'

'That's a great idea, do you want to shop for new clothes for our date or?' But she already shook her head, 'I'm fine, you don't have to keep buying things for me. I'm a woman of my own you know, besides, it's not going to be something fancy or something' she kissed me on my cheek, 'I'm taking a cap to my moms place. I'll see you tonight big boy'

I blushed as she left, I called my mother straight away.

'Kamiel! Baby how did it go!? Is the baby okay? And Lucille?'
'Yes mom wow, it's fine. Everything is fine, and uhm... the baby is okay too'
'Really? Cause you don't sound fine... are you sure everything is okay?'
'Mom I- I don't know what to do okay. I'm still young, I'm still a kid and... Luce wants to start over again. She said she doesn't know anything about me and the same way around. I don't know if she still loves me, or if she ever loved me. Maybe I pushed her into this, maybe I'm not good enough for her'
'Kamiel Alessio Donatelli don't you dare talk about yourself like that! You are a fine young man and you are perfect for Lucille. I have seen the way she talks about you, the way she looks at you. That girl is head to toe in love with you. You know I hate it when you bring yourself down like that, and look if she wants to get to know you better then it's okay because you are still young. You have so much to explore, so much to see. Having a baby won't affect that to your relationship. And look, if she wants a break, give her a break because remember that pregnancies aren't easy for a woman'
'I know mom but-'
'No buts, I'll go talk to her tomorrow morning. I want you to talk to her too, about your feelings and about your whole self! I know this sounds selfish because I'm your mother but she isn't the only one who needs to be happy in the relationship! You are important too, so don't ever forget that son'
'Thank you ma... I.. I'll work on it. Thanks, I love you!'
'I love you too my little pulcino (chick)'
'Mooomm! You know I hate that nickname!'
'Screw you, you are still my little boy!'
'I'm not mom, I'm 22'
'Alessio! Did you hear that! I can't believe my own son! He said he was 22, I thought he was still 9 years old'
'Moom! You're annoying you know that!'
'I know baby I know, I'm sorry. I was just trying to get you in a better mood, now I want to you be careful and get that pretty girlfriend of yours. I'll talk to you later'