Chapter 24

Lucille's pov

I knocked on Kamiel houses door waiting for someone to open up, his sister opened up, 'hey, Lucille right, come in' Kayarah said to me as I walked inside.

'Can I ask you something?' I asked the girl, she nodded, 'yeah is there something wrong?'

'Have you ever taken a pregnancy test before?' I was nervous. Really nervous, I had been feeling nauseous lately in the morning and I was afraid I was pregnant with Kamiel' baby. Her face turned pale, 'I... if I'm honest.. wait let's get to my bedroom okay?'

We headed to her room, the second she closed the door she started freaking out, 'you're pregnant with Kamiel's baby?'

I shrugged, 'I don't know... I.. my period is late and I had been having morning sicknesses lately so I... I wanted to do a tests'

Kayarah sat down next to me and took a deep breath, 'look I don't know how this works if I'm honest... I... I haven't told anyone yet but I like girls so I don't think there will be any problem with me getting pregnant but I can help you out. Do you have one with you?'

I handed it over as she read the description, 'well, you have to pee on this stick and wait for ten minutes or longer okay?'

I took a deep breath as he gave me the test, 'thanks... I'll be back in a minute' I headed to the bathroom and peed in the stick, it was hard to aim but it worked. I came back with the test and put in right in front of us. We waited for 15 minutes, it took way longer then I expected.

'I think it's.. it's done...' Kayarah said with a shivery voice.

My whole body was shaking, I slowly reached for the stick and when I looked at it I couldn't believe my eyes. I dropped it and started to shake even more, 'are you...' Kayarah asked but she already saw my face expression.

I was pregnant, pregnant with Kamiel's baby. A baby!? A goddamn baby, 'h-how are you?' She was worried about me because I kind of froze.

'I I'm fine I guess... I never thought that would happen, I mean we only did it once... you can't get pregnant if you had sex once right?'

Kayarah sighed, 'you could always get pregnant... what will you do now? Are you going to keep it? Are you.. are you going to tell Kamiel and my mom? What about your parents?'

So many questions for such a big thing, I was scared, what if he didn't want our baby. What if he hated me because I got pregnant?! What if he would leave me just because we weren't protected that well. So many things ran through my mind, we did use protection and I did take the pill so... so we were just... it was no ones fault. All thoughts made me cry, I let out tear run down my cheeks as Kayarah held me in my arms. Poor girl, she didn't even knew what was going on, I was putting so much on her just because I wanted to find out if I was pregnant. The thought of my foster parents being mad at me was there too. What if they hated me more then anything, then I could never be with them and then I wouldn't have a house anymore.

'Hey... Lucille it's better if we tell my mom.. you know. She was pregnant at a young age too, like she was two years older then you were and she survived it on her own. I think she will help you out' Kayarah suggested, I took a few deep breaths and nodded, it was for the best. I couldn't keep this all to myself, I needed someone to talk to, 'where is she?'

'She's downstairs, let's just ask her about this situation'

~

'Mom.. mom' Kayarah shouted, her mother was in the kitchen. I couldn't stop crying, 'oh... Lucille what's wrong honey?' She asked me as she put down her plates, 'is everything okay? Did something happen?'

I nodded, 'please miss... don't be mad at me...'

Kayarah rubbed my back, 'mom don't be mad... it wasn't her fault...'

'I won't be please girls tell me? I'm getting worried' Miss Donatelli was so worried about me. She grabbed my hand as I spoke, 'Miss... I- I'm pregnant...'

She was shocked, her face turned a little pale, 'with Kamiel's baby.... You're pregnant.. wow...'

I started crying harder, 'don't cry dear, Kayarah can you excuse us please' she left as miss hugged me, 'please dear tell me why are you crying?'

'B-because I don't know what to do. What if Kamiel will hate me because I'm pregnant...' I said sobbing in her arms. She sat down with me and rubbed my thumb, 'he won't be mad, and if he will I will hurt him because being pregnant is such a beautiful experience. I know it sounds scary, but I know Kamiel, he wanted kids as soon as he knew what that meant. And of course you're young, you're 19 years old. I was 21... and it was a hard time for me but that only was because I didn't had anyone to take care of me. I didn't had my parents, only my friends and they were as clueless as I was. Now tell me, will you keep the baby? Because it's all your choice'

'Of course I want the baby... but... I'm scared of Kamiel'

Miss Donatelli chuckled, 'Lucille, he's not scary. He will be happy, I'm sure, and if he won't then you know what I will do. But I'm 99.9% sure he will love you as much as your child' she hugged me once again, 'I'm so happy for you, I am going to be a grandmother... I always dreamt of that day. Of course not now but I'm so happy..'

I chuckled wiping away my tears, 'I'm glad I have you miss... thank you'

'Oh please child, call me Elena, you're family now!'