Survival of the Hottest

I walked with my sister and Cat to the others, I sat between Jade and Beck while Cat sat beside Robbie, I place my thermos on the table while I held a popsicle in my hand.

"Robbie, you done with that water?" Jade questioned.

"No" he answered.

"Give it to me" she demanded.

"All right" he handed the bottle to her while Tori looked at Jade and me.

"What?" my sister said annoyed as Tori examined our faces while using her hand to fan herself.

"You're both not sweating" she touched Jade's face and was about to feel mine when I glared at her and she backed off but Beck cupped my face making me face him and then stared at me.

"Havin' fun there?" I questioned and he grinned.

"Always" was his answer.

"How can you not be sweating?" Tori inquired.

"I don't sweat" Jade replied and I nodded in agreement.

"Everyone sweats".

"Not Jade" Beck informed "And apparently neither does Evie here".

"Jade never sweats" Robbie confirmed as I handed my sister a popsicle and we watched the scene before us.

"What do mean she never sweats?"

"Sweating is gross, so we don't do it" I answered simply.

"Exactly" Jade states.

"So what? You're just like cold-blooded?" Rex made some off-handed comments on what Tori said that got him sunscreen to his face.

"What's up amigos, amigirls?" Andre greeted.

"What's all that money for?" Cat asked.

"Me. I set up a kiddie pool over there and I'm chargin' people five bucks for five minutes" he looked over and yelled "Sinjin! You got three more minutes" the boy yelled back in understanding.

"Man, how long is this heatwave gonna last?" Beck whined, I pulled a scrunchie from my bag and pulled his hair into a man bun "That is better" he then took my half-eaten popsicle from me.

"They say until Tuesday" the others groaned and Beck buried his face into my neck only to look at me in surprise before putting his head back.

"This is nice" I saw a look of confusion on everyone's faces except Jade who had stayed close to me, I placed the back of my hand onto Andre's cheek.

"Woah, you're like an icepack" Beck laughed and I withdrew my hand from Andre.

"Wow, it's up to 106 in the Valley" Robbie informed.

"Hey, check Venice beach" Beck offered.

"Okay, Venice is only 91 degrees".

"Oh, let's go to Venice" Tori shot up saying.

"You guys wanna?" Beck asked as he placed my palm on his neck, in the end, the plan was to go on Saturday. Beck would borrow his uncle's pickup and hook it up to his R.V.

"The beach? I am so in" Tori's sister, Layla, exclaimed, they tried to tell her she wasn't going but she ignored them.

"So Layla is coming" I stated.

"Trina, her name is Trina" Tori corrected.

"You think I care to remember her name, if you weren't the cause of so many of my problems I wouldn't remember your name either".

(Everest's Outfit)

Saturday came fast, Beck got the truck and picked us up, and I sat up front along with Jade as he drove. We arrived at the beach and he parked, he got out to open the RV door when Cat rushed out saying she had to use the bathroom and Beck told her to get back quickly.

"Who's ready for beach fun?" Beck exclaimed as we entered the RV.

"Beck, this R.V. is so cool" Tyra commented, he just nodded not paying her any attention "And you like, live in this?".

"Yeah well, parked in my parents' driveway" I ignore the rest of their conversation and went to sit beside Jade.

"Hey, how come all these windows are tinted so dark?" Tori inquired.

'Now I have to listen to her and her sister, I guess annoying ran in their family' I thought.

"'Cause my dad bought it from a rapper, all the windows are made of bulletproof glass" they then went on to have a conversation about some rapper I have never heard about.

"Can we leave now?" I interrupted and Beck smiled.

"Yeah, it's startin' to get hot in here," Andre said.

"Yeah, let's go" Beck pulled me up.

"Let's hit that beach!" Robbie exclaimed, Andre went to open the door but it wouldn't move.

"What's wrong?" Jade asked from beside me.

"I don't know, the door won't open" Andre stated, he and Beck continued trying to open the door but to no avail. Looking out the window I saw that a bigger RV was blocking the door, I cleared my throat drawing their gaze to me, I pointed to the window and they rushed to look.

"Oh, man! Some idiot parked a huge R.V right next to us" Tori said stating the obvious, then the other genius said to go out through the back door only to be told there wasn't one. then everyone started complaining and arguing, I rolled my eyes and leaned back into the couch, pulling my headphones out of my bag and drowning them out as I closed my eyes. A couple of minutes later I felt someone's head on my lap and beside me, opening my eyes I saw Beck's head with his damp hair and sweat-clad forehead on my lap and my sister beside me.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" Taffy inquired.

"Simple Taffy, Cat just went to the bathroom and she's gonna be back in a few minutes, then she can start Beck's truck and then pull us forward so we can get out" realization covered their faces "Also I never panic, it's useless and makes you exert yourself, look at yourselves" they looked at their clothes "There's more sweat now than before" following my advice they all found a place to sit and wait for Cat's return.

"My name is Trina" Taff-Trina corrected.

"I didn't care when Tori told and I still don't care now" she gave an offended but that didn't bother me as I stared at her blankly, she looked away instantly and I went back to my music.