Beck's Big Break Part 2

The next day, the crew was on set, Beck was in his costume and so was I.

"Hey Babe" he smiled at me "I would kiss you but the Makeup artist might kill me" Jade laughed.

"Okay people, people listen up, Melinda's on her way to set" The Director announced, and then she appeared, taking her position "First positions please" he explained what the scene was about as the actors took their places "Good! Roll!".

"Rolling! Speed! Seventy-four apple, take one" the starter said.

"And action".

"Why the disgusted look on your face?" Jeff, the male lead asked.

"I'm having dinner with you" Melinda answered.

"See, that's the kind of attitude that got you fired".

"I got fired because I was set up".

"Good luck proving that".

"I don't have to prove anything, all I needed is-" Beck interrupted saying his line.

"I'm sorry, the chicken breast isn't available today" he recited.

"Wait, what'd you just say? Cut!" Melinda scoffed "Can we cut so this guy can learn his line?" Melinda stood.

"Melinda please," The Director told her "Only the director yells cuts".

"He said his line wrong, he's supposed to say, "We're out of the chicken breast" not, "The chicken breast isn't available today".

"So let the script supervisor tell him that".

"You know what? She's right, it's totally my fault" Beck deescalated the situation and you could tell the Director was thankful "I'll get it right this time" they were about to reset now that the problem had been solved.

"Wait excuse me," Tori stood and I saw Jay trying to get her to sit down "Actually, Beck got his line right" the set got quiet "See? Waiter number one's line is, 'I'm sorry, the chicken breast isn't available today'" she showed the Director.

"Oh, yeah kid, you had it right".

"Whoa, whoa. What are you?" Melinda asked facing Tori.

"Tori Vega background player, big fan" Tori introduced "Hi, Melinda Murray".

"Okay, an extra is correcting me on the set?"

"I'm sorry, but you yelled at my friend and he was right about... ".

"She's your friend?" she turned to Beck

"Yeah, she-" 

"Go," Melinda told him.

"Go?"

"I want you off this movie".

"Melinda-" the Director started.

"You want him here or me?" he sighed then turned to beck.

"Kid, I'm sorry".

"No, it's cool" I watched as he walked away.

"I have a question" everyone turned to me but my eyes stayed on Melinda "Do you have backup costumes?".

"Yeah, we do-" that was all I need to hear before I tackled Tori to the ground and punched her in the face, I heard screaming around me and someone trying to pull me off the screaming girl but couldn't.

"Evie!" I heard Beck yell before I was pulled off Tori "It's okay, Babe" he held me as I continued to struggle against him, Andre helped Tori to her feet and she held her bleeding nose, scratches were on her arms and face along with some minor bruises.

"I'm fine!" I told him as I calmed down, his hold loosened and I broke free to punch Melinda in the face causing Beck to hold me back again "I want Melinda off this movie".

"You can't do that! I want her fired or else I'm walking!" Melinda shouted.

"I can't do that Melinda" the director informed "Mr. James West is a big contributor to the film and these" he pointed to Jay and me "Are his daughters" I glared at the actress "If they want you off the set they can" she stared at me shocked along with everyone present.

"Prepare to be blacklisted" Jay stated waving her phone "I have you on camera using your authority to bully a newcomer" Melinda had fear and regret on her face.

"Goodbye," Jay and I synced, security had to drag her out, and then everyone looked our way.

"Take the day, continue tomorrow," I told them and they started to leave.

"I'll go over the audition tapes to find a new lead," the Director told us and we nodded, he left.

"Why did you attack me if you could just fire her and get Beck his part back?!" Tori cried still clutching her nose but now with a paper towel.

"If you open your mouth again then Andre would have to carry you to the hospital" I spoke, she stopped talking "You need to learn something Vega, if our father wasn't the film's benefactor then Beck would have lost his first movie thanks to you".

"Melinda would have posted online that a rookie was showing her up and everyone would back her because she is a celebrity and has fans" Jay added, "Beck wouldn't have another chance on screen because he would be labeled as a rookie who thought he was too good to be in the same movie as Melinda Murray".

"And it would have been your fault" the weight of what we said opened their eyes.

"Beck, I didn't know," she said.

"Yeah, you know Evie was right" Beck stated, "You go to Hollywood Arts but you don't seem to know a lot of things about performing arts and I've never seen you actually make the effort to try and know".

"Beck, come on" Andre called.

"No, imagine if this was a big performance and you've been practicing so hard but you ended up not performing because of her" he pointed to Vega "Because she didn't know anything, would you like me to say say 'Andre, come on?" Andre couldn't respond.

"Eve, you go and change, we'll leave after" I nodded and left.

Jade's POV

When Eve left I turned to Cat and Andre, who stood on each side of Tori.

"We have been friends for so long but as soon as Tori comes you throw it away," I said "She spilled hot coffee on my sister, your friend's sister, but when I do it 'It's not cool" I quoted Andre "Eve got burnt but I didn't see any of you asking how she was, no you all went after Tori".

"Look, I'm not going to stop being your friend but I will not force a friendship with someone who almost destroyed my future" Beck started "I'll be polite with you but now there's a line, don't cross it".

"I'm ready" we turned to see Eve, Beck walked over to her and held her hand "What happened?".

"Nothing Jade and I just made some things clear" we gave them one last glance before we left.