Everest Goes Platinum Part 2

Walking into Mason Thornesmith's office with Jay and Andre, we greeted the man and his many assistants, he recognized the 2 from the audition videos and complimented their skills. At some point, he tried to get rid of my sister and Andre but I told him they weren't going anywhere and if he wanted to say something he could say it in front of them, Mason was shocked but then told me he wanted to recreate me and give me a new identity. I flat out rejected the idea then he tried to threaten me saying he wouldn't allow me to sing at the award if I didn't follow his guidance, that brought a smirk to my lips and I told him that he shouldn't threaten me as it would be a bad thing and would lead to terrible outcomes for him, he sat in his chair with his arms outstretched and told me to he could handle anything a teenage girl like me could throw. Andre, Jay, and I left with Jay having a similar smirk to mine and Andre looking at us both cautiously.

"I know that face, something bad always happens when either of you has that face," He said as we walked.

"You never threaten us" Jay and I synced "It never ends well".

That night we told Dad what happened and the next day he introduced us to a recording agency, the owner, Jacob Wright said that he would sign both Jade and me if we could write enough songs for an album, without a word Jade pulled out mine and hers songbooks and handed it to the man. Needless to say, our contracts were written up and our lawyer went through them to make sure everything was reasonable before we signed, Jacob told us that he and the PR team would start promoting us but promised that our debut album would be released before the Platinum Music Awards which we were okay with. When we went back to school all eyes were on us, Andre walked up to us and showed us his phone, there publicized was a collage of teaser photos of Jade and me on the *********** webpage as new upcoming artists when we then told him it was true whispers rang throughout the hall but we ignored it and walked to our class.

Later that week my phone rang during lunch and I pulled it out to see Mason's number, showing Jay before I answered and put it on speaker.

"Everest darling" he greeted and I continued eating while Robbie, Cat, Andre, and Jade tuned into the call "I think there has been some misunderstanding".

"How so Mason?" I asked taking a bite out of Jay's lunch.

"You see I made a mistake and if you don't want to change your style that's okay" I heard some mumbling in the background "Your look is exotic already, I don't know what I was thinking".

"You found out who my father is, didn't you?" the line went quiet "You saw my posts and saw my followers" I listed "And you saw the news that ******* signed us".

"Well-"

"You also saw that we have a press conference coming up and you don't want me to tell the public about what you wanted to do and what you said because that would ruin you and your boss would fire you" he stumbled over his words "Am I, correct darling?".

"I'm terribly sorry Everest".

"I'm not" I stated "You wanted to make me into a superstar well now you can confidently say you were the one that nudged me to where I am now" I saw Andre and Jay laughing "Oh and Mason, let's see who makes it to the Platinum Music Awards and who gets replaced" with that I ended the call.

"That was amazing" Andre complimented "So when's the press conference?".

"Today, after school" my sister and I synced "You are all invited if you want to come" excitement filled the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camera flashes went off as Jay and I entered the venture where the conference was being held following behind Jacob and our manager, throughout the conference Jacob introduced us and what was to be expected of us as artists of his company then it was time for the reporters to ask questions.