A Christmas Tori

Everest's POV

I walked into class with Jade, holding a coffee cup of strawberry milk and an energy bar. Spotting my sleeping boyfriend I sat next to him as if sensing me he turn in his chair and laid his head on my lap with his face to my stomach hiding from the lights of the classroom. Tori and Andre came into a heated discussion before they dropped it, Robbie made a gesture towards Andre and he flipped the scranny boy off his chair in retaliation saying he wasn't in the Christmas mood, Andre then went on to explain why he was in such a prissy mood, apparently, he wrote a song for a class and the teacher gave him a 'D' and now he is giving up on music completely. I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration and shook my head when Sikowitz went to wake Beck, I explained that a cricket kept him up the entire night and he needed the rest as this happened every night for 2 weeks, understanding Sikowitz let him be. The bell to dismiss class rang waking Beck from his slumber, Jade and I retold what happened in class and that Sikowitz forced us to join Secret Santa, he nodded tiredly while eating my energy bar.

Third Person POV
~At the Vega Household~

"Oh! No!" Tori groaned as she read the message from her phone.

"What? No me?" Her sister yelled from outside their house.

"No, I just got a text from Sikowitz" Tori explained "I get to be secret Santa for Everest".

"Oh, that's bad" Tori glared at the door where she saw her sister trying to pull in a humongous Christmas tree.

"I know, Everest hates me and I don't know anything about her" she was ignored as the other girl still struggled to carry the Christmas tree inside "Trina! Help me!".

"Why don't you ask Beck? Or her sister, the less scary one?".

"That's not a bad idea".

"Now come help me".

Everest's POV

I entered the school with Beck and Jade trailing after Sikowitz, she was trying to get him to switch who she was secret Santa for, can you guess?

"Jade, you're Tori's secret Santa, and let it be that!" He denied her again.

"But why do I have to" she was cut off by Beck who was on his 8th cup of coffee.

"He said he's not gonna change it so just deal with it, why don't you just deal with it? Why don't you just deal with it?" He spoke very fast, my hand grabbed his, and I felt his pulse beating rapidly through his wrist, quickly taking the cup from him before he could down any more of the liquid.

"How much coffee have you drank?" Sikowitz asked.

"A lot, like a lot. I don't know. Like maybe seven cups, a lot, is there a problem?" The teacher looked at me and I sighed.

"He's drinking coffee so stay awake at school 'cus of the stupid cricket that's keeping him up every night" I explained as I tried to get my boyfriend to focus on one thing but his eyes kept shifting.

"Look, I don't wanna be Tori's secret Santa" Jade tried again but Sikowitz denied her a switch before rushing off, she turned to me and I gave her a small smile.

"Let's get some solids in you" I pointed to my bouncing boyfriend "And Josh on the phone for you" I looked at her, and she gave a smile and nodded.

Tori's POV
I watched along with everyone else as Robbie showed Cat her Secret Santa gift which was a cotton candy machine, all week the man that came with the machine would give her free cotton candy. The act got the attention of the whole school and made me frown at the reminder that I didn't have anything in mind for Everest, walking away from the crowd I bumped into Lane carrying dozen of folders and files, I walked up to him.

"Hey Lane" I greeted and he looked around the files to smile at me.

"Hey Tori, I'm kind of busy at the moment" he went to leave but faced me again "Actually could you do me a favor?" I nodded confused and he smiled "Great, I have a few envelopes here for Everest but I'm piled high with work so could you give them to her?"

"Sure" I took the 4 red envelopes and watched as Lane staggered away, looking at the letters I saw the mailing address was where Everest was from, I didn't know about why she moved but just that her Dad got custody over her from her mother and that she had a younger sister. Looking at the unsealed envelopes, curiosity got the better of me and I found myself reading the letters.

Dear Everest,
Today Mr. Matthews introduced us to the Forgiveness Project, we have to write a letter to the person that had wronged us and tell them we forgive them so that we can get over it but I can't do that with you as you did nothing wrong so instead, I'm writing to ask for your forgiveness. I'm sorry you had to babysit me, I'm sorry that we forgot about you, I'm sorry that we weren't the family you need.

Your sister,
Maya.

Dear Everest,
I know that I betrayed your trust and friendship when we were kids and I am sorry, I truly am. We want to make it right. Please.

Riley.

Everest,
I don't have much to say because I don't know much about you and I know it's my fault. I rejected your friendship that first day of school when I listened to the rumors instead of getting to know you myself, I want to apologize for that.

Lucas.

Hello Everest,
I know by the time you get this the assignment that Mr. Matthews gave us will reach its deadline but still, I want to thank you for the years you have protected me from harm even if I did pay you to do it. I don't have a logical reason as to why I didn't become your friend all those years ago but I want to extend my hand now even though I know there is a 0.01% of you accepting. I am sorry Everest for everything.

Farkle.

Reading the letters I saw that these people must have done something to Everest but they were apologizing so they must care about her, suddenly a thought rang throughout my mind and I grinned. I just got the idea for the perfect secret Santa gift for Everest, giggling to myself I skipped off to plan out how I will achieve what I wanted.