Survival of the Hottest Part 2

"Where is Cat?" Tori gasped as I stood and went to the window "She's been gone for 30 minutes".

"The girl only weighs 90 pounds" Andre added "How much pee can she hold?" I went to my thermos and pulled out a popsicle, I handed one to Beck and Jade then joined them on the bed.

"Well, can we at least turn on the air conditioning?" Robbie asked.

"The A.C. doesn't work unless the truck is running" Beck mumbled around the cold dessert causing everyone to look at us.

"Are you eating a popsicle?" Tori questioned in disbelief.

"No" Jade gave a drawn-out reply still eating.

"Oh did you guys want one?" I inquired "There in my thermos" Beck, Jade, and I watched as they fought for the small cooler.

"Why didn't you tell us you had food?" Robbie accused as they held a popsicle each.

"I forgot?" I shrugged.

"Ugh! what did you invite me here?" Tasha complained, the others turned to her dumbfounded, then yelled their objection to that fact.

"I'm feelin' very hot now!" Andre exclaimed as he pulled off his T-shirt.

"You guys, it's 102 degrees in here" Robbie whines.

"I need a cold drink" Tori informed.

"Me too" Andre stood.

"Where are they?".

"In the truck," Beck told them and Andre fell back onto the floor. I got up and looked out the window then at the time before going back to the bed, Jade gave me a confused look so I told her what I was thinking.

As the minutes passed, Jade and I talked quietly, while Beck was asleep on my lap, his sweat had reduced from his body due to my cold skin and the others were standing in front of Tori's tiny portable battery-powered fan. Emphasis on tiny. Their heads followed the fan that was perched onto the table as it oscillated, but then not even 3 minutes after it was turned on the fan stop working, Robbie created an overdramatic scene over it before Andre shouted that it was dead, then he collapsed on the couch crying which in turn woke Beck from his nap. I couldn't take the dramatics anymore so I checked the window again and saw a family of 4 making their way to the R.V beside us, I waited until they entered the vehicle before grabbing my bag, seeing me Jade followed and we stood by the door.

"Where are you going? We're locked in remember?" Tori reminded causing the others to groan.

"Yeah, you see as one of the few who has a brain in here, I kept watch on that R.V, the family came back a minute ago and-" I opened the door "Drove away" instantly they were up and rushed out, cheering as they felt the breeze on their damp skin, Andre and Robbie distributed the water from the medium-sized cooler from the trunk of the truck. Beck, Jade, and I weren't that thirsty as we kept calm and didn't exert ourselves, unlike the others.

"Hi, everyone" we turned to see Cat coming towards us "Were you waiting on me?" she smiled unaware of what had happened, she looked us over before her gaze stayed on Tori, Andre, Robbie, and Kira  "What happened? You're all sweaty"

"We were trapped in there" Tori gasped before drinking her remaining water.

"For hours" Andre added.

"Hope you had a nice pee" Kira stated, Cat gave a confused look then looked at Beck, Jade, and me.

"Trapped? Why aren't Everest, Jade, and Beck as sweaty as you then?" the others stared at us.

"Cold-Blooded" I answered and they recalled the conversation about Jade and me sweating "Jade isn't as cold-blooded as me but she and Beck stayed close to me so they cooled down".

"Wait so we had a walking ice pack this entire time and no one but those 2 noticed," Rex said after being quiet for a long time.

"Why didn't you guys just open the door?" Cat inquired.

"'Cuz there was a gigantic R.V. parked right beside us, they left not too long ago and Everest opened the door".

"Who cares? It's over" Andre said.

"I drank fish water" Robbie inputted.

"It's all right, come on guys" Tori smiled "It's only 3:30, and there's a large Pacific ocean right over there".

"Let's enjoy that ocean" they cheered and left, Jade and I followed after Beck got his towel. We found an empty section on the beach, the others threw down their belongings and discarded their clothes, leaving them in their swimwear before running towards the water. I laid out my towel and took off my clothes leaving me in my black and white swimsuit, I sat on my towel and started to apply sunscreen lotion to my skin although I will never get tanned.

 I laid out my towel and took off my clothes leaving me in my black and white swimsuit, I sat on my towel and started to apply sunscreen lotion to my skin although I will never get tanned

As I reached my legs shadows loomed over me, I looked up to see 2 teen guys, ignoring them I continued applying sunscreen.

"Need any help sweetheart?" one asked but I didn't respond "Come on beautiful I can do your back or just you" I looked up and he winked.

"Are you from around here or visiting?" The other questioned.

"I don't see how that's any of your business" I replied coldly.

"So you do talk, how about you come with us? You're too pretty to be here by yourself".

"Yes because by the amount of bags around me I'm alone" they laughed "I'm not interested, so leave".

"Come on, our friends would love to see your exotic looks" Thing 1 complimented.

"Yeah, you are unique" Thing 2 added "Is your hair real?" he went to touch a strand when a hand grabbed his wrist tightly "What the hell dude" I watched as Beck ran his hand through his damp hair and then glared at the 2 teens.

"Don't touch her" was all he said and the teens took retreating steps "Get out of here" they ran off and Beck looked at me "You're attracting a lot of attention, I don't like it".

"What are you going to do about it?" I asked curious about his answer.