Girl Meets Forgiveness Project Part 1

At John Quincy Addams Middle School, the bell rang and children were seen rushing to their classrooms, one particular group leisurely filed into their classroom with the other students.

"All through history countries go to war, that's what we normally study here" The teacher spoke after the students were seated "But today, we're going to talk about peace and forgiveness and how we get there" he smiled "Every once in a while, I come up with a good idea".

"What could it possibly be that I haven't already thought of?" a boy questioned.

"Farkle, I forgive you," the teacher said pointing at the boy.

"What did I do?"

"I forgive you too," a dark-skinned boy told him also.

"What did I do?".

"You know what you do".

"I feel better now that I've forgiven you" the teacher stated "How do you feel?".

"I'm sorry for every time I've hurt you! What did I do?" the boy, Farkle, confessed still confused.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we're going to begin the forgiveness project, our history isn't just about what we've done" the teacher stared at his class as he spoke "How we grow comes from the repair of what we've done and how we forgive what was done to us," he told them to take out a piece of paper and they complied "So this isn't your laptop or your cell phone, you've got unlimited characters here as many words as you want" he handed out some red envelopes "The impact will last longer than six seconds and I guarantee you it's never going to disappear, so pick up a pen, express feelings, this is one of the most important things you're ever going to do" they looked at him "You're about to forgive someone".

"What's this got to do with history, Matthews?" a blonde-haired girl questioned confused.

"It gives you a chance to change it" Everyone got to work on their letters except for the blonde "Maya, no one in your life you want to forgive?" Mr. Matthews called out to the girl.

"No" she confirmed.

"Don't you think now would be a good time?" a dirty blonde boy behind Maya asked.

"You and your mom are in a good place" the brunette beside her added "You're strong, Maya, don't you want to forgive him one day? Why not now?' the two girls shared a laugh until Maya handed her a note.

"Riley, butt out" the brunette read "I am serious butt your butt out" Riley turned to Maya "I forgive you".

"Mr. Matthews" Maya called the teacher "Can I get another envelope?" the man was confused but gave her another one.

"You have someone else to forgive, Ms. Hart?" this causes 4 heads to turn to her.

"No, I'm asking for forgiveness" realization covered 4 of the 5 persons looking at her "It's been almost a year" the teacher nodded with a smile and he looked at 3 of his students.

"Anybody else wants another envelope?" the 3 raised their hands with somber looks on their faces.

In a little diner, we see two women conversing, these women were Katy Hart and Topanga Matthews, the mothers of the two girls seated at the door.

"Really, Topanga, please don't worry about this" Katy told Topanga but the other woman just smiled.

"No, I told you that I would come and help out when I can, and I can today" Topanga explained as she tied an apron around her waist.

"Yeah, no".

"This is gonna be good" Riley commented watching the two women with a smile.

"I can't take my eyes off it" Maya added with a smile of her own.