Confession and Officially Dating

I watched as Evie looked around dazed, she looked at me for a full minute then she unknowingly gave a cute sleepy smile before it faded, I returned a smile of my own, and her eye landed on the small dog in my arms.

"Hey" she greeted.

"Hello" I used the puppy's paw to wave at her, she held out her hands and I placed the pup in them "My neighbor asked me to watch it for her" she nodded still partially asleep while petting Sparkles, I watched her for a few minutes engraving the scene of her in my bed and had me wanting it to be a constant occurrence. She looked up at me and I smiled at her "Are you hungry?" She nodded and I handed her a plate with pizza slices on them.

"I heard Jay's voice" she spoke as she nibbles on a slice.

"Yeah, I was on a video call with the others" I took the puppy when he tried to lick the pizza "She said to call her when you woke" a knock at the door saved me from the silence that was about to follow "Cone in" the door opened and my 9-year-old neighbor entered still in her cheer outfit "Hi Allie" I smiled at her.

"Hey Beck, thanks for watching Sparkles for me" I handed her the canine.

"It's no problem" the girl looked around and spot Eve on my bed.

"Hello" Eve gave a small wave "Is she your girlfriend?" I only smiled "She's pretty" I leaned over to her.

"I know" she soon left and I caught Eve's eyes on me "What?".

"I'm your girlfriend now, since when?" She inquired and I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

"Look, Everest, I like you okay, a lot" I confessed "I like your strong demeanor and your vulnerability that you scarcely show, I think I liked you from the showcase but didn't realize until we went to that beach and those boys were ogling you" my mind went to that day "I was so angry when one thought he could touch you, remember that question you asked me at the beach?" She nodded and I stared at her "What I wanted to do was to knock those children unconscious for even thinking they had a chance with you and then kiss you senseless to show them that you belonged to me" her eyes widened slightly before going into her neutral expression "Every time I see you I want to kiss you, do you know how many guys at school want to ask you out? I mean who could blame them" my eyes raked her pale exposed limb "You're smart, beautiful, talented, you can defend yourself and you're so incredibly damn sexy" I looked away as I felt my hormones acting up "You have no idea what you do to me?".

"I'm not like other people Beck, you won't know what I'm feeling unless I tell you and I don't know how to express myself to people that aren't my father and Jade" she played with the sheets "I know you want a challenge but I'm too difficult".

"Your anxious" her eyes met mine "I know what I'll sign myself up for if I want to be in a relationship with you and I'm game, I've been watching and studying you for months," I told her "I've been picking up on the signals and your body language on how you react to certain things, I know it's not much but I'm making an effort".

"I've never been in a relationship, I don't know how this will go" I frowned waiting on her rejection "But if you are in it for the long run" it took a while for what she said to register in my brain.

"What are you saying exactly?".

"Ask me and find out?" Taking a deep breath I looked into her eyes.

"Evie will you be my girlfriend?".

"Yes," shock covered my face "If you can make an effort so can I".

"Wh... I... Uh....." I stuttered before collecting myself "Can I hug you?" She nodded and I wrapped my arms around her like I had many times before but this was different. Before she was just my friend who didn't know I liked her even when it was obvious but now she was my girlfriend. A grin stretched across my lips at the thought.

I laid on my bed with Evie curled up in my arms, a smile still on my lips which widened whenever I looked down at her, we have been in this position for almost an hour and she fell asleep at some point, not that I'm complaining I didn't want to move but the universe didn't want me to be happy because a message popped up on my laptop and I groaned. Releasing my girlfriend from my hold, I sat up and saw that Jade was requesting a video chat, accepting the call I was shocked to see her with a brunette guy and she was sitting on his lap leaning into his embrace.

"Well I see you have been busy" I spoke.

"Beck this is Joshua, Josh this is Beck" she introduced.

"Her sister's boyfriend" I saw Jade's eyes widen.

"Really? She agreed" I nodded.

"The she is right here" Evie sat up and I pulled her into my arms "Hey Jay" then she narrowed her eyes at the person beside her sister "Josh?".

"Everest?" Jade and I looked at our significant other confused "You're my Jewel's sister?".

"You're my sister's mystery guy?".

"You both know each other?" Jade and I questioned.

"Yeah Josh was my only friend before I moved here" Evie answered.

"Eve was my friend that disappeared" Josh added "So you moved? Finally reached the breaking point" Evie nodded "What was it?".

"Everything kind of piled up and I found out that the man who I thought was my father wasn't" she waved it off "Enough of that, how did the meet go" we stayed up talking so Josh could get to know us and vise versa, he caught up with Evie and she ended up telling him her story as he wanted to hear it from her, after finally hearing my girlfriend's life story I was even more grateful to have her in my life.