Sleepover at Beck's

I sat in the living room waiting on Beck, my father had to go out of town for the weekend and Jade was going with him because Josh lived in the state Dad was to arrive in, this was going to be their first meeting and I didn't want to tag along so that they could have the privacy to talk about whatever. They wanted me to come with them but it didn't make any sense since Jade was most likely going to be out with Josh and Dad was going to be preoccupied, leaving me by myself, so I decided to stay home. Jade and Dad didn't like the idea of me alone so Jade called Beck and asked if I could stay with him, he agreed and I expect Dad to say no but to my surprise, he also agreed.

Beck's POV

I looked around my RV to see if anything was out of place or dirty, smiling at myself when I saw that everything was in order. I picked up my keys and went to my car, I drove to Jade and Evie's house to pick up Evie, I was ecstatic when it was finalized that she would stay with me. My mind when back to the beach incident, I never got to answer her question because the others were coming toward us and that conversation was to be held between the 2 of us, this sleepover would be a perfect opportunity for us to talk. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell, Mr. West answered the door giving me flashbacks to our first meeting.

"Hello Sir" I greeted with my hand stretched out, he shook it but applied more pressure than normal.

"I'm letting my Angel stay with you as a show of faith that you will take care of her, call it a test" he stated still holding my hand, "You said you like my daughter but you two aren't together yet so I want to see how you'll treat her if you end up together" I nodded.

"I understand".

"Eve sweetheart, Beck is here" he informed, both Evie and Jade came into view, I took the duffle bag from Evie "We leave after you so we'll give you a call on the plane" he kissed her head.

"Take care of my sister Beck," Jade told me.

"I will" I responded, I could see that they adored Evie very much.

"Bye Daddy, bye Jay" she hugged them and then followed me to my car "Thanks for letting me stay with you" she sat in the passenger seat with her legs folded, and my eyes roamed the exposed unblemished, porcelain skin.

"It's no problem" we drove in comfortable silence when I saw that it was the middle of the day "Are you hungry?".

"Can I get nuggets?" she mumbled, I looked at her and her sad eyes met mine, it was then that I realized that this was probably the first time she had been away from both her father and Jade at the same time, they were like her security blanket so she must be slightly vulnerable.

"You can have anything you want" I smiled. I drove to the nearest McDonald's and went to the drive-thru, as we waited I saw Evie staring at me. I was about to speak when she climbed over the center console and into my lap "Evie" she didn't reply only bury her face in my chest, I smiled and hugged her tightly "It's only a few days, they'll be back before you know it".

"This is the first time I felt alone since I moved here".

"You have me" I smiled into her hair then I was brought back to reality when the other customers blew their horns, I drove to the window to order.

"Aww, that is so cute" I looked up to see a girl staring at us, she then turned to call someone soon another girl arrived.

"Your eyes are beautiful" the other girl commented.

"I'm sorry, what can I get you today?" we ordered and headed to the pickup window, as we waited for our food I ran my fingers through Evie's hair.

"Evie?" I called noticing she had been quiet for a while, getting no reply I concluded that she was asleep, a guy came to the window with our food "Is she asleep?" he nodded.

"I can come out and put it in your car for you if you want?" he whispered and I nodded in thanks, after he put out food in the backseat, I tipped him in thanks and drove home.

Later that day I woke from my nap to see Evie still asleep, I gently shifted her off my chest and onto my pillow which she snuggled into, my phone rang and I saw a message from Andre saying to go online, I felt something fluffy against my leg and looked down to see Sparkles, my neighbor's dog that I am watching.

"You requested my face?" I greeted when I saw Tori, Andre, and Cat.

"Hey, man" Andre responded.

"Hi" Cat said.

"Hey, Beck, is that a dog with you?" Tori asked with her brows furrowed as I held Sparkles in my arms petting him.

"Aw, look at the puppy" Cat cooed.

"He's cute, huh?" I commented holding him up to the camera.

"So cute, is he yours?"

"Nah, I'm watchin' him for my neighbor while she's at her cheerleading practice".

"You live next door to a cheerleader?" Andre asked.

"I do" I admitted.

"Figures, I live next door to a one-legged old man who throws lemons at me".

"So, what's up?".

"Tori's plane's late".

"I don't get in till almost midnight," Tori told us.

"But we gotta write the script for Gradstein's class" Cat stated.

" Yeah, so we're gonna do it here over video chat".

"Oh, sounds good" we agreed.

"All right. I will type... Cat, read the assignment".

"'Kay, 'kay, it says, write a single-scene script, between 7 and 10 pages" we started the script but we kept getting distracted or sidetracked. I saw a profile flash on my screen.

"Who's that?"

"Jade, let me see what she wants" I accepted the call "Hey, look. We're doing this project that's due tomorrow morning-" she cut me off.

"Where is my sister?" she asked.

"Sleeping, why?" I turned my laptop to show Evie's sleeping figure.

"I left her a voicemail and she hasn't called me back" she then narrowed her eyes at me "Why do you have that animal?".

"My neighbor's dog".

"His neighbor the cheerleader" Andre added.

"Cheerleader!?" I cursed him in my head as I couldn't out loud since Jade's shouting disturbed Evie causing her to shift a bit.

"Sshh, you almost woke Evie" I lowered the volume.

"Why are you doing favors for a cheerleader, and what is she doing for you? Does Eve know?".

"It's not what you think and no Evie was asleep"

"You better not mess this up Beck" we tried to continue but Cat logged off because Tori yelled at her, Andre's Grandmother smashed his laptop and I pretended my Wifi was out as I saw Evie sit up and then log out myself.