Beck's Big Break

Everest's POV

My sister, Beck, and I were eating lunch when minions 1 and 2 came to join us.

"I don't want them sitting here" Jay whined to me taking some of my nuggets.

"You know it's great that you are so open with your bitterness," Tori said sarcastically.

"She wasn't talking to you" I stated coldly "And she's just grouchy 'cause she got stung by a bee".

"See that? Everybody but me! Come on, bees" Andre exclaimed "What's a guy gotta do to get stung?".

"I've never been stung either" he looked at me "They all fly away from me".

"Wow even bees don't like you" Tori laughed "Ooh, script pages?" she tried to grab the script from Beck only for me to catch her hand tightly in mine.

"Not for you" Beck chastised before gently releasing my grip from her hand when she winced.

"You auditioning for a play?".

"No, he's applying for a job as a mechanic" I replied sarcastically, Beck laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Sort of, it's a movie" Beck answered.

"That's so great! What movie?".

"I'm taking your pickle" Jay announced as she took Tori's pickle and ate it.

"So, a movie?" Andre asked curiously.

"It's called 'Misfire', it's about this woman cop who gets fired and then goes on this crazy rampage" Beck explained as he also took a few of my nuggets.

"That's so cool, who plays the woman cop?" Tori questioned.

"Melinda Murray".

"Shut up" Andre stated as he choked on his food.

"You're gonna star with Melinda Murray in a movie?" Tori gasped.

"Well, I'll be playing waiter number one and I only have two lines, that's if I get the part," Beck told them.

"So where's the script? I wanna read it" I turned to her.

"I'm sorry, this is just very funny, please note my laughing" I interrupted and they looked at me.

"You're not laughing".

"Exactly, do tell why would he let you read the script of a movie that hasn't even started filming if he has it?" her eyes looked around the table but they were now looking at her.

"Because he's my friend?".

"So you are okay with him being sent to jail?" her eyes widened "Because it is illegal for anyone who auditioned for a role to share the actual script with outsiders".

"I didn't know-".

"For a person who goes to performing arts school, you don't know a lot of things" I glared at her because she doesn't know this and if Beck had the script and given it to her, he could jeopardize his future "I didn't know this school existed and when I made up my mind to attend I did my research although some of the topics are common sense" silence covered the table.

"Babe, it's okay" Beck tried to defuse the situation but I glared at him.

"If you had that script and the director found out that you gave it out you wouldn't be able to act in any production because they would blacklist you" Andre, Beck, and Tori looked at me in shock "I'm defending you and you're defending her" I stood taking my stuff into my arms and walked away.

"Not even one full day of you dating my sister and you chose to defend someone and not side with your girlfriend" I heard Jay say.

Beck's POV

I sat there frozen for a minute before grabbing my bag and rushing after my girlfriend, I spot her at her locker putting her books away.

"Evie" I called as I approached her, she faced me with furrowed brows and instantly I kissed her, cupping her face as she responded timidly. As I released her lips I pressed my forehead against hers "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I looked into her eyes "This will be the first and last time I didn't take your side".

"What if I was wrong?" she asked and I smiled.

"It doesn't matter, I'll take your side"

"I care about you Beck and anything that affects the people I care about negatively then I take that seriously" I hugged her tightly.

"I care about you too".

I walked into the school and saw the West sisters at Jade's locker, I walked up to them.

"Mornin'" I greeted as I kissed my girlfriend's cheek.

"Hey," they said in sync which causes me to smile.

"You will be happy to know that I got the part" I announced and they smiled at me. This is what I liked about them, they weren't overreacting and took the news calmly "Oh yeah, Evie what were you and the Director talking about before we left" Evie came with me to my audition and after I was done the Director called her in but I forgot to ask her what it was about.

"They wanted to know if I would like to be in the movie" she explained "I read a few lines and they cast me".

"That's amazing Babe" I hugged her then the bell rung "Let's head to class"

Everest's POV

"Sorry, guys" Beck apologized as we walked in late from the movie set, we took our seats.

"How was working on the movie?" Cat asked excitedly.

"You know" Beck answered vaguely.

"Beck and Everest, you're late" Sikowitz stated and Beck tried to explain but Sikowitz wanted it done in a robot voice. As this occurred I went to my seat and Beck joined me, soon everyone was looking at us expectantly as Sikowitz was teaching "Dear Gandhi, I'm boring myself, Beck, tell us all about the movie".

"Okay, Evie and I call time was this morning at 5 a.M-".

"Oh, that's early" Cat stated.

"Yeah, well, they did our hair and makeup, and then the costume designer came to my dressing room and..."

"Wait, the costume designer was in your dressing room?" Jay interrupted and Beck nodded "Was she cute?"

"He was adorable, Evie had to do multiple makeups and costume changes".

"Did you meet Melinda Murray?" Andre asked.

"No, not yet".

"I bet she's been stung by a bee" he mumbled.

"What part did Eve get?" Jay inquired.

"I'm playing twins who turn into victims" I answered "They will use some editing to make my hair fully white then fully black".

"I wouldn't know about the bee thing but you can ask her yourself," Beck told them.

"What?" rang throughout the class.

"The assistant director told us they need extras for a couple of scenes, so if any of you guys wanna do it-" I get cut off by the class surrounding us, bombarding us with questions the bell rung.

"Everybody read chapter seven for tomorrow and study robots" Sikowitz announced "Good Gandhi, I left my harmonica in the men's room" he then ran out of the room.