seven

"Isn't Chaeryeong so pretty?" Jisu stirs her iced coffee while looking so smugly in love.

Yeji just looks at her best friend with her cheek resting in the palm of her left hand. "Jisu-ah, why are you so cute?"

"You're cuter." The light brown haired sends a friendly wink towards the model.

Taking a sip of the iced tea, Yeji makes a scowl face after swallowing down the taste. "This cafe still doesn't seem to fit me yet."

It was already a pretty rough day for Yeji as the morning was filled with the younger saying things that were true. So this iced tea really set it off especially after the three exams she went through.

"You're just used to Soobin's cafe," Jisu giggles. "Our family does do it's job correctly."

The brunette nods, agreeing with her best friend. "Where is he anyways?"

"Missing my brother already?" The psychology major wiggles her eyebrows. "Are you two ever going to get back together?"

Yeji shakes her head. "We agreed to break up in a healthy manner and it's going to stay like that."

"Why?" Jisu whines, puppy eyes evidently painted on her face. "We can be real sisters!"

The cat eyed girl shrugs. "The love for Soobin will always be there but I don't think I'm interested in any dating right now."

"How about all the times you complain about that freshman?" Jisu sends a sly smile, indicating that she might be onto something. "Maybe it means you actually like her?"

Yeji's eyes widen as she quickly shakes her head no. "Absolutely not, hate her."

"Tell me one reason why you hate one of the most popular freshmen in our school?"

"Her life is something I've always wanted."

Suddenly the air turns silent with the taller now looking down at the ground.

The best friend of Yeji sinks down in her seat, hands softly brushing through the cat eyed girl's hair. "Is everything okay?"

The model wants to tell Jisu everything but she can't because unlike her brother, Jisu remembers everything and doesn't have a goldfish brain. But instead of telling her, she breaks down in the arms of her best friend.

"Aww no baby." Jisu whispers softly, rubbing small circles on Yeji's back to comfort her.

The ace of the tennis team has never seen Yeji cry at all in public. It's only times when the two of them are alone that Yeji portrays her feelings out and in the wide. But today?

Today is different.

"Dear dear," the light brown haired pats her best friend gently. "I don't know what's going on but Yeji, you're so strong and independent and I know you're going to get past this."

The cafe's bell rings, indicating that there's a new customer that has arrived. Jisu's eyes look up and it happens to be her crush and the girl that Yeji seems to hate the most. With her mouth in an "o" shape, Jisu looks at the two freshmen and lets out a small smile before returning to comfort the older.

Ryujin takes notice and wonders what's wrong with the tennis player.

"I haven't been to this cafe in such a long time." Chaeryeong looks up at the menu, scanning to search for a drink that suits her taste.

The artist hums as a reply, her mind wanders to the two girls in front of her. What could be going on with Yeji?

"I've been craving lattes these days." The pink haired excitedly says. "Should I get a strawberry cake to go along with it too?"