twenty eight

"Could someone enlighten me and tell me what's going on?" Yuna asks, confused on what she just saw a few minutes prior. 

Chaeryeong shakes her head, her eyes still wide from the event earlier. "What the fuck? Am I in a parallel universe right now? Am I seeing this right? Did the Hwang Yeji carry our Ryujin out?" 

"I believe so!" The black haired nods ferociously, still shocked. 

Out of nowhere, a sudden flood of phone notifications go off. A sound of wave echoing all throughout the court. The dancer focuses on everyone, seeing as they all open up their phones and all the fellow students' expressions are appalled. 

"Why did everyone get-Yuna check!" 

The floor ball athlete takes her phone out, sliding on the announcement made by an anonymous user on the campus's official website. Her mouth hangs open while her eyes are following every sentence. Gasping at the words she reading, she turns to Wonyoung with her hands letting go of the phone. 

The younger catches Yuna's phone, picking it up to read what her crush just read. "Oh my gosh."

"What! What!" Chaeryeong grabs Wonyoung's wrist, facing the phone towards her and she blinks repeatedly before continuing to read the rest of the announcement. Her eyes then trial over to the boy sitting next to them. "This is too much to process." 

The news is spreading like wildfire. It's blowing up crazy and everyone is wondering if it's all true or fake. Others are gossiping while looking over at the dimpled boy. 

"Oh, this isn't going to be good for Ji." Soobin's eyes are full of concern as he looks down at his phone, typing a message to the cat eyed girl. 

Good evening fellow students! 

It has come to my understanding that our most beloved Yeji is taken. Unfortunately, she is married to the one and only Shin Ryujin. Ryujin is a freshman at our university majoring in art. Not only is this shocking from the fact that the art major student is a bad influence but the other shocking thing is that Yeji is in love with someone else. It is no other than her ex boyfriend Choi Soobin. 

--Below are photos evidence which consists of Yeji and Ryujin in the same car right after practice. Below those photos, there are evidence of Yeji and Soobin being too cozy for best friends. --

*** 

Yeji's one hand hesitates at the bathroom door, hearing the blue haired sobbing on the other side of the door in their bedroom while her other hand is rubbing a towel against her head to dry the silver locks. 

The car ride from school was absolute pure silence and the only thing full of the car was the small hiccups erupting from the younger from crying so hard. Yeji didn't bother to say anything in worry of a word adding up to the mess. 

At the very least, the cat eyed girl just wants to be there for her. She suggested for the blue haired to shower in hopes of feeling a bit better but that plan obviously back fired. Yeji was never the best at comforting people. In fact, it has to be one of the things she's bad at. 

Finally stepping out the bathroom, wearing an oversized white tee and loose Adidas sweats with the shirt getting damp from the long hair of hers. Yeji sees Ryujin laying down on one side, the small hands of hers occasionally reaching up to wipe the tears away from her eyes.

At the pure sight of seeing the younger crying, Yeji feels her chest squeezing tightly. Just like a magic breeze, all the temper she've had for the blue haired instantly went away. And she wishes for her partner that she'd be okay, even if it means allowing the artist to cross her lines she held up for Ryujin. 

Yeji rests herself down onto the bed, facing the crying girl. Between the proximity, their scents of one another meets in the middle. Ryujin wipes off the "rest" of her tears, a small portion still sitting on her eyelids. 

"Does your ankle still hurt?" The way Yeji asks Ryujin is full of delicacy, as if she's talking to a child. 

Ryujin refuses to look at the older in the eyes, she stares down at her fingers playing with the soft bed sheets instead. "Sort of. I don't know." 

"I'll call in a doctor tonight, okay?" 

Biting down on her lower lip, Ryujin just lets out a nod. 

Between the two of them, the former brunette stares into the younger with concern in her eyes and the younger is looking at her fingers, bringing a hand up to wipe her tears away here and there. Her shoulders still moving up and down at the amount of emotions. The air was silent. 

"I just don't understand." Ryujin breaks their silence. "I was just trying to be nice but I feel like I was being used." 

Once more, her face becomes wet again with the never ending amount of tears and Yeji couldn't help but to break at the sight of the blue haired. 

"Hey, it's not your fault." Yeji gently brings her thumb up to wipe the tears on Ryujin's face and finally Ryujin brings her gaze up, meeting with Yeji's. 

In this moment, the cat eyed girl swears she feels her heart breaking at seeing the way the red circles around Ryujin's eyes are prominent compared to before. It's new to Yeji; saying these words to the younger without feeling strange. She hopes she's doing the right thing and saying those words. 

"A-and - and..." Ryujin tries to calm herself down, struggling to phrase words together. "Basketball is the only reason why I wanted to go to this school and now I feel like I lost that right too. It was one of the things I'm good at besides art." 

Yeji brings her fingers up to the artist's nose, drawing a small heart on it. "It was an unfair game. Even if you lose a ton of games, you're still going to be the best to me." 

The blue haired manages to let out a small giggle between her crying and the silver haired smiles at the sound of it. 

"Thank you for saving me." 

Yeji brings her hand over on top of Ryujin's hand which promptly made the younger stop fidgeting with the bed sheets, lacing her fingers with the younger together. "Of course, they were bullying my wife." 

*** 

"Thank for you stopping by." Yeji smiles at the doctor, bowing as he chuckles and nods. 

The male looks at the model, remembering how little the girl once was. "She's going to be fine. Make sure she's getting plenty of rest. I'm sure you got that taken care of though." 

"Thank you!" She bows once more, closing the door once the doctor leaves. 

The silver haired lets out a yawn, stretching as she walks into the kitchen to make something for her wife. 

-- -- --