forty one

"Ryujinie?"

At the nickname coming out from behind her, Ryujin feels herself wanting to crawl into a small and safe hole. All of a sudden, she can't breathe and everything around her feels suffocating. Her chopsticks are barely balancing as her hand shakes.

The other two girls look down at their best friend's hand before looking back up at each other. "Ryujin?"

At the sound of Chaeryeong's voice, the blue haired zones herself back in. Seemingly finding the rhythm to calm down. She looks up at her two friends and they're both nodding, asking her if she's okay.

The blue haired lets out a half smile, turning around to see the wolf resemblance girl. "Hi Hyeju."

"I've been trying to catch you alone." Hyeju lets out a gummy smile. "Do you mind if we have a talk? Just the two of us?"

Ryujin doesn't say anything at the other girl's request.

"I just want to clear things up with you." The raven haired's eyes look genuine and her voice is a lot more gentler than from all the other times her and Ryujin ever talked.

Yuna and Chaeryeong on the other hand unsurely wonders if everything about the situation right now is okay or not. They both hold their tongues back, not wanting to intervene in the females' conversation. Their friend isn't clueless, right?

"Okay." The artist replies, immediately having her two friends facepalm themselves from frustration.

Both Yuna and Chaeryeong deeply inhales before letting out a sad sigh. Their Ryujin is definitely dumb and clueless.

"Awesome." Hyeju cheerfully says, ready to walk before she stops and waits for the artist to get out of her seat. "I promise you that it won't take so long."

The art major gives her friends one more look before she sling her backpack over her left shoulder before proceeding to stand out of her seat and following the wolf resembling female.

"Fuck, I wish one of us had Yeji's number right about now." The dancer curses, a weird gut feeling is floating around her and she doesn't understand why.

One thing is for sure ; the transfer student is definitely dangerous to be around.

The floor ball athlete lazily props her head on the older's shoulders. "Why is Ryujin dumb as hell? I mean-its obvious that Yeji wouldn't like Hyeyu or whatever her name is! Especially after what Ryujin did to her involving Hy-"

"-Soobin!" Chaeryeong panics when she sees the tall male walk in through the entrance, jumping in her seat and having Yuna taken aback from the sudden jolt on the side of head. "He should have Yeji's number, right?"

"DUH."

"Let's go then!"

***

Arriving at the outdoor basketball court, both Hyeju and Ryujin takes a seat on the bench where they first met one another. Neither anyone is saying anything and the birds chirping in the background of the spring breeze is definitely not helping out.

The blue haired looks down at her shoes, kicking the dirt around while waiting for the other to speak first. She wonders if anything that comes out of this talk will be good or bad. What would the outcome be?

Number one thing to do after the talk would be telling Yeji that her and Hyeju spoke today. Her partner wouldn't be mad, right? After all, the cat eyed girl is sweet and understanding and the basketball player hopes that Yeji wouldn't mind.

"Ryujinie, I'm sorry." Hyeju says, looking down at the way Ryujin's feet stopped kicking the dirt.

Ryujin doesn't bother to look up, her attention still on her shoes.