fifty nine

Getting attention from other students isn't new for Ryujin. She was always used to it growing up. Perhaps it would be because others think she's pretty, cool, and someone who you'd want to be friends with. So, when the newly dyed ash-gray haired student struts the halls with a brand new image, she's already giving off a cocky smile.

Better way to hide the pain, right?

As if the gods from above wanted to do their magic, Yeji happens to walk right past by the specific hallway where the artist is currently being the most looked at. Of course, alongside with Soobin and Jisu. Ryujin notices that her partner walked right by and suddenly the all-so-confident female vanishes at the sight of seeing the cat eyed model, even for a slightest second.

"I wonder why Yeji walked by instead of greeting her?"
"My uncle works at one of the modeling agency Yeji is signed under and he heard rumors going around that they're getting a divorce."
"If I was Yeji, I'd get a divorce too."
"If we're being honest, Ryujin did have quite a statement and it definitely did harm to Yeji's career."

If this was Ryujin from a couple of months ago, before the marriage, she wouldn't have even paid attention to gossips circulating around her on campus. However, because the artist feels like her life is falling apart, she actually took heart to what the girls are saying about her and suddenly she falters and stops walking.

Everyone is staring at her-neither good or bad but the ash-gray haired thinks otherwise.

"Hey, I wanted to surprise you with the new drinks they added to the vending machines." Feeling a cold can against her cheek, Ryujin turns around at a fast speed and her eyes goes wide at the figure behind her.

Everyone in the hallway stays silent, wondering when the star student arrived.

"You're coming to watch me practice tennis, right?" Yeji lets out a small smile, bringing the can down and forcing the younger to hold it in her hand.

The art student can't come up with any words to answer to the older's question, resulting in the sight of an evidently upset expression from the model.

"I need to have my lucky charm there." The model now grabs one of her partner's hand and swings it up and down in a form of pleading.

Ultimately, with the crowd around them, Ryujin has no choice but to let out a nod.

"Great. I'll come pick you up from your class and we can head straight to the room." Yeji lets out another smile, bringing her lips towards the younger's forehead and placing a gentle kiss.

Before the younger could react to the gesture, Yeji is already off and walking away on her heels.

"I thought you said they were getting a divorce?"
"That's what my uncle said!"
"This is why we can never trust you!"

With a slight upturn of her lips, the freshmen walks past those group of girls and turning into a different direction for her class.

***

The art major slumps down in a chair at the back row of the lecture room. Her eyes are tired and a yawn escapes from her, resulting in her resting her head on the table.

"One small nap couldn't hurt." She speaks to herself, trying to make herself feel better of sleeping instead of paying attention in class.

Unfortunately, someone else sits in front of her. "Ryujin-ah!"

Hearing that specific annoying tone, the artist brings her head up with her brows furrowed. "What do you want, Beomgyu."

"How could you treat your first love like this?" The shagged hair male dramatically gasps, placing his hand on his chest to indicate that he's feeling hurt.