thirty eight

"I love you Yeji."

The said girl blinks a few times, wondering if what she hears coming from the younger's mouth is true or not but also at the fact that the younger randomly said it out of nowhere. She stares in through the eyes of the younger and she's worried that Ryujin may be playing jokes with her or not, considering the fact that the younger is known for waking up in a different bed at the beginning of the year. 

"And I completely understand if you aren't ready to feel what I feel." Ryujin nods, her fingers now intertwining with the silver haired's fingers to ease down the nerves of confessing the strong feelings she has for the silver haired female. 

Yeji needs to process this all through her head. She finds herself being halfway of where Ryujin is and she doesn't know how to explain it. Saying those words back will just cause her more pressure and could hurt someone. 

Her concern was always not being able to express love through words and that's where she finds herself having trouble with in this current setting. 

"Ryujin, I appreciate your feelings and I'm glad we're communicating on how we both feel-" 

"-Oh god, this is embarrassing." The younger buries her face in her hands, feeling foolish by the implied rejection from her crush. 

Yeji shakes her head, panicking as she removes the younger hands away from from covering her face. "No, it isn't. I really like you Ryujin and perhaps it is love that I feel when I'm with you. But right now, I'd like to take it slow and make sure we aren't rushing into something that's serious like our relationship. There's many things that I want to do, like properly asking you out. We're in the same book, you're just a few chapters ahead but I'll catch up in no time, okay?" 

"You gotta stop doing that." Ryujin giggles at the raised eyebrow on Yeji's face, the infamous whisker-dimples that Yeji thinks she would never get tired of makes their appearance across the younger's cheeks. "Making my heart pound loudly against my chest that I lose track of my hearing." 

"I make your heart pound loudly?" 

Before Ryujin could answer, the older suddenly leans into her face closer. The artist gulps silently at the sight while slightly backing up. The chair hitting her back and the artist scowls in her head from looking stupid in front of the light haired girl. 

"Do I make your heart pound loudly?" Yeji repeats her question, a weird gaze settling onto the younger.

The blue haired slowly and hesitantly lets out a nod, anxious on what's going to happen next. 

"Good girl." Yeji lets out a hum, bringing her left hand under the younger's chin and intently gazing down at the cherry red lips of Ryujin's. Brushing the bottom lip with her thumb, the cat eyed leans even closer and she feels the breath hitching from the other. 

She slightly smirks knowing that she's in control, hovering her lips over the other and she barely touches them against each one another. 

Ryujin's hands grips tightly on the seat of the chair, anticipating the older to complete the kiss. 

"You're so beautiful." The model whispers before connecting their lips together. 

Soobin nudges his sister, sipping from his Americano sitting in the cup carrier. "Do you think she still want her Americano?" 

"I don't think so. I think she's gotten her Americano." Jisu peeks from the back window, looking at her brother dumbfounded for asking that question. 

Her twin nods, agreeing as he covers his eyes with his free hand. "Maybe we should give them their privacy."