sixty eight

Ryujin wonders why Yeji is genuinely caring and nice towards her. How could Yeji even tolerate to be around her? It appeals to Ryujin, really. Could it be because the older is relieved after knowing that Ryujin signed the divorce papers? Could it be because someone new has courted her and now she's in a wonderful mood? There could be many reasons upon which Yeji is putting aside her emotions to take care of her.

"I don't know if you read everything, but once the divorce goes through, I'm leaving you everything." Yeji breaks the tension between the two, cutting her steak shortly afterwards. "The house is yours to keep, my car will be yours to keep, and the savings I had will be yours as well. I'm not asking for anything in return. I want to leave with nothing in my hands."

Leave? Has Yeji accepted the offer? That soon?

The artist across the table stares solemnly at the broccoli on her plate, letting out a nod shortly. "You don't have to give me anything, you know?"

"It was my upbringing about this divorce." Yeji looks up, staring at the female in front of her. "You signed the papers even when you didn't want to, so it's only fair if I leave everything."

Signing papers even when she didn't want to. Ryujin always believed signing on papers is the dumbest thing, hence why she never bothers picking up a pen or pencil to take an exam. Yet, here she was, signing papers that would result in a permanent change in her life. But, because she loves Yeji, she signed that forbidden document sitting on the coffee table in their home—her home.

"When I leave for Paris, I don't want you there." The older says, ignoring the way her heart crumbles after letting those words out.

Oh.

Ryujin finally looks up, her eyes meeting with the pair of cat eyes.

"Not because I don't want the girl who broke my heart to be there before my flight or anything. I just know that if I see you, I don't think I would want to leave South Korea."

It's obvious that Yeji is still conflicted about this divorce as much as Ryujin is. Why can't the two of them communicate through everything and possibly go back to what they were before? Did Ryujin break Yeji's trust that much for the model to pack up her things and leave off for another city?

"Was signing the papers not enough for you?" Ryujin asks, her voice sounding confused yet loud and clear on what she meant.

Yeji's eyebrows furrow together at the younger's question. "What do you mean?"

"Did I break you that much to the point you'd want to leave off to another place right after I signed that document?"

The cat eyed wants to laugh right now. There is no way that Ryujin is being serious about this. Everything that was going smoothly ended up being back to that phase again. That divorce is their only solution in this relationship.

"You're being serious?" Yeji puts down the fork and knife on the table.

Ryujin doesn't budge, her eyes boring into the older's eyes.

"Ryujin, you know I don't have to sit here and eat with you." The older declares. "I didn't have to come home and comfort you last night, but I did. And I know you weren't in the right place, but at the end of the day, you chose her over me. That was all I needed to know."

"If you think everything is okay because I wrapped my arms around you last night and kissed your forehead, then you're wrong." Yeji states, picking up her glass full of water. "I comforted you because it's the humane thing to do for someone."

Ryujin could only look down at her plate full of food.

"There's plenty of other reasons I decided to leave for Paris." The cat eyed model sets down a wad of cash for their dinner and for the artist to take a cab back home. "Stop being selfish and thinking that everything is about you, Ryujin."

Ryujin watches as the model stands out of her seat, picking up her handbag. "Yeji, where are you going? You can't always run away like this."

"I'm simply leaving this conversation." Yeji coldly answers the question. "I left you a few hundred to get yourself back home. Have a good night."

There is no way she's being real.

***

Soobin stares as the model in front of him whisks a batter of cake in anger. "Don't you think you're over whisking the poor batter?"

"Don't you think I know what I'm doing since I've been baking since forever?" Yeji snaps, adding in a few teaspoons of vanilla into the bowl. Her eyes softening once realizing that she just gave her best friend an attitude.

The black haired male lets out a small gasp before his bottom lips suddenly pouts as he lets out a small noise in agreement to what the female just said.

Yeji sighs, putting down the bowl on the counter before rushing over to the dimpled male. "Soobs, I'm sorry. I did not mean to snap at you like that."

Soobin slowly shakes his head, looking down at his shoes. "No, I understand."

Oh no! Yeji feels her heart sinking at the giant bunny dejecting in front of her.

"No, I shouldn't be taking my anger out at you." The cat eyed brings her hand up to fix the male's tousled hair. "I'm sorry."

The taller brings his head up, looking at the female's eyes before he lets out a small smile which his adorable dimples appear right beside the smile. "It's okay, Yeji."

Yeji feels herself smiling. She pokes one of the dimples with her pointer finger. "Thank you for forgiving me."

"We should go back to baking that cake you wanted to." The male says, breaking their eye contact.

The model nods, rushing back to where the bowl sat.

"I-I'll make the frosting."

***

Chaeryeong and Yuna's mouths are both dropped upon hearing what Ryujin just told them.

"Yeah...Ryu, I do think you were being selfish when you asked that question." The red haired observes onto why Yeji would snap onto being asked that question.

The high schooler besides her nods in agreement, trying to ignore Ryujin's deadly glare towards them.

"I wasn't being selfish." The ash-gray haired rolls her eyes, getting off from the floor and walking over to Yuna's fridge.

Yuna heavily sighs. "Don't you think she's telling the truth when she said she had plenty of other reasons too?"

"Definitely not." Ryujin responds, scanning the fridge on what to snack on. "She has a modeling career back after our news broke out, her parents dote on her endlessly, she's top student for just attending classes. You really think she has any other reason to leave for Paris besides me?"

The black haired shrugs. "I guess you're right."

"Ryujin, you shouldn't be talking about your wife like that." Chaeryeong softly says.

"Ex-wife!" The artist replies to the nursing major, frustratedly.

The nursing major rolls her eyes upon hearing the way Ryujin replied to her. "Yeah, but you love her. You know that Yeji absolutely deserves all the love and respect she gets."

"No, no she doesn't."

Yuna gasps in shock. "Bitch! You better be joking right now."  

-- -- -- 

hellooo! i'm back with another update today! i'm sorry for confusing some with the vday special, i should've clarified it more clearly :( 

also, i deeply apologize for the hiatus i've been taking on and off. i've been losing the passion to write sometimes so it's hard for me to keep up with updating this story for all you guys. i'm sorry :( i'll try to come back with more updates! 

thank you all for reading and supporting HER <3