valentine's day special

Ryujin rolls her eyes on entering campus with girls and boys holding their obnoxious stuffed animals, gifts, and bouquets in their arms to blatantly show off to others. The artist thinks it's stupid, personally. Why display it off in public when you could have a cute dinner in private with the love of your life?

Walking past all the annoying, disgustingly-in-love couples, Ryujin goes straight to the model workshop room where she knew Yeji would be at. Humming to an upbeat song, she opens the door to the workshop and is stunned to see the room filled with countless of presents.

"Oh! Hey, Ryujin!" Soobin smiles, standing up to grab a drink from one of the many gifts sprawled out across the tables. "We're counting all of Yeji's Valentine's presents."

The whisker-dimpled girl's smile drops, her mouth wide open as she blinks a couple of times to process everything she's witnessing now.

"H-her gifts?" The artist stutters, still in shock.

The male giggles, nodding to how the younger female is reacting. "Did you forget you were married to the most popular student in our campus?"

Now suddenly, Ryujin feels insecure about what she got for Yeji. Why do her fellow peers not valid her as someone who has feelings? How would they like it if Ryujin gave a gift to their wife?

"Don't worry though, I'm sure she'll love your present over all the others." Soobin comforts the artist, patting her shoulder before walking off to count the other table full of uncounted presents.

The ash-gray haired sighs, scanning the room to find a familiar blonde head. Her eyes lit up upon seeing the blonde head sitting down at one of the back tables, possibly working on an assignment. And right before you know it, Ryujin is already speed walking to the back, making sure she's not stepping on any presents (as much as she wants to).

"What are you doing over here while our friends are counting how much presents you've got for Valentine's?" Ryujin teasingly asks, taking a seat beside the cat eyed girl and peering down at what she is working on.

Yeji shrugs, picking up the tea her and Ryujin went out for earlier this morning as she looks at Soobin, Chaeryeong, and Jisu sitting crisscrossed on the floor of the room while counting the presents excitedly. "I told them we didn't need to count but the three of them wants to know how many things I ended up getting."

The artist silently nods, looking across the room, watching her red haired best friend tallying off from a clipboard. The things Chaeryeong would do to make Jisu happy.

"If you want anything from it, just take it." The older says, sounding monotone. "What's mine is yours anyways."

Ryujin slightly frowns. It seems like Yeji isn't a huge fan of Valentine's Day. Sure, Ryujin isn't a major fan of the holiday either, but it didn't seem so bad as well. Overall, the most important thing at the end of the day was to show how much a couple loves one another solely based on affection, words of affirmation, and quality time. Not teddy bears or chocolates.

"Your admirers gave them to you, not me." Ryujin replies, a short sigh followed afterwards.

Yeji shrugs, setting down the tea before focusing on her assignment. "Suit yourself."

"You got a total of 1,045 presents this year!" Soobin yells from across the room. "That's more than 600 last year!"

***

The second Ryujin and Chaeryeong walked out of chemistry, they're both met with Jisu. In the hands of the tennis team's ace, there's a bunch of bags.

"Oh my god!" The red haired screams in happiness, speed walking towards her girlfriend.