eight

"I really hate her guts. I wonder where she inherited her ugly attitude from?" Ryujin starts cutting the chicken harshly.

This morning, Yeji drove off without waiting for Ryujin. Which meant that the rebel had to end up walking to the campus.

Yuna and Chaeryeong stares worriedly for the chicken. "Poor little one."

"Her parents are so nice, unlike her." The pink haired states. "She's probably satan's daughter and then magically got dropped off at Mr and Mrs Hwang's doorstep."

The dancer sighs, taking a sip from her bottle of water. "And I thought it was finally getting better with you hating Yeji because yesterday you didn't say anything when you saw her."

"I was tired."

Yuna shrugs. "Yeji is such a big inspiration, I really want to meet her."

"Let me tell you something Yuna," Ryujin points her knife out, scaring the black haired "Barbie". "Yeji isn't all that great."

The younger's eyes widen as she brings her hands up to cover her mouth. "Why me?"

"I think you should stop cutting the chicken."

Ryujin drops the cutlery to her sides as she heaves a side. "I'm just glad we're not at the school today cause of exam week, otherwise I would see her face and just do something that could get me expelled."

"I still don't get why you hate her so much?" The floorball athlete clears her throat, nervous to drop the words that may make the older more angry. "Didn't your mom said you were so in love with Yeji before?"

"First of all, that was the biggest mistake of my life and also that was a very long time ago where we were like 5  and 6?" There was no point of denying that question because every single time the two girls go to the Shin's place, Ryujin's mother never fails to tell that story.

When they were kids, Yeji being a grade older than Ryujin. Ryujin had a crush on Yeji for a very long time. Since the moment she laid her eyes on her when moving into the neighbors, Ryujin had always seen herself marrying the cat-eyed girl. The younger would always want to spend time with the older, even if it meant skipping school. She would buy gifts and would do anything for the cat eyed girl.

Literally anything.

Until one later evening after a school tutoring session, Ryujin stopped and started hating Yeji.

"I think you two should just make out." Chaeryeong rolls her eyes, picking up her empty plates and leaving the two girls alone at their table.

Yuna giggles at Chaeryeong's remark towards Ryujin. The younger thinks of a subject to talk about. In order to calm her best friend down. "Are you excited for the upcoming festival?"

"Wait!" The pink haired suddenly sits up in her seat. "When is that!"

The taller shakes her head at how irresponsible Ryujin is. "Next week."

"Oh shit!"

"Okay guys so I was thinking of—where the hell is she going?" Chaeryeong motions towards the running basketball player.

"Practicing for the festival."

The dancer nods her head while putting on a blank face and finish it off by placing a hand on her forehead. "Of course."

***

"Okay, one more round of practice!" Yeji raises her voice in order to encourage the tired tennis players that are sitting on the court's ground.