twenty two

Ryujin wakes up, feeling her head laying comfortably on something. She squints while laying her head up, seeing that the movie is still going on. 

"You're finally up." Yeji replies, her eyes concentrating and calculating the killer's move. 

"Did I fall asleep or something?" The younger asks, stretching out her arms as she lays down on the arm rest on her end of the side. 

The brunette slightly nods. "Yeah, right after you finished the candy." 

"Better to fall asleep than watch this scary thing." The artist mutters under her breath, bringing Yeji's blanket up to her eyes. 

The cat eyed girl notices this and slightly smiles. "Don't tell me you're scared, Shin. It's just a movie, you know." 

"But like.. isn't-isn't this based off of something?" Ryujin feels herself jittery at the thought of it, feeling cold all of a sudden as her back sits straight up. 

Yeji shrugs, reaching over to grab another snack before sitting completely still back on the couch. "Oh, Ed Gein. I had to do a case study on him. 

"It's gruesome." The whisker dimpled grimaces at the thought of it, feeling scared all of a sudden. 

"What's wrong?" The older notices how the pink haired suddenly shivered. "Shin, he won't get us or anything. Besides, if anything ever happens, you know I'll be here to protect you." 

Ryujin feels herself warming up out of nowhere. Maybe it was because of Yeji's words? 

"Do you wanna eat some hamburgers or pizza?" Yeji asks, trying to make the younger feel less scared. "I know you haven't ate anything besides these snacks." 

At the mere word of hamburger, Ryujin snaps her head away from the screen and onto the model sitting next to her. She lets out a cheeky grin while nodding ever so fast. Yeji feels her mouth tugging on a smile at Ryujin's reaction, but of course she holds it back. 

"Okay, wait here while I go place an order on my laptop." The older takes her blanket off, getting ready to get off the couch but her wrist is being tugged on by a certain someone. 

"C-can I come?" 

The brunette finds herself adoring at how much the younger is scared and she almost felt herself wanting to stroke the artist's head. Just almost. "Oh. Sure." 

*** 

"That movie was boring." Yeji blatantly speaks once seeing the ending credits roll, letting out a short yawn right after. 

Ryujin side eyes the older, nodding hesitantly. "Yeah, it wasn't even entertaining." 

"I'm going to be up studying a bit of materials." The brunette lazily speaks, resting her chin in her hand as she looks over at the artist. "Just in case you're scared to sleep, just know that I'm still up and awake protecting you from the monster." 

The whisker dimpled girl scrunches her face at the assumption, rolling her eyes. "What makes you think I'm scared?" 

"Oh, I don't know, Ryujin." Yeji sarcastically says, looking down at their intertwined hands. "You're still holding my hand after the movie ended." 

The younger pulls her hand out, panic arising as her face suddenly turns hot. "I-I just-" 

"-Relax, I was just messing with you." The cat eyed girl lets out a small laugh, turning the t.v. on to some lame documentary about otters, before grabbing her textbook that was sitting under the coffee table. 

Ryujin just observes. She wonders to herself that maybe if she was in the same grade as the model, she would've been down to study. If it only meant being able to see the specific sculpted face each time she studies. 

"You aren't heading for bed?" 

The pink haired shakes her head. "You're always alone when you study." 

"This is just an excuse for you to feel very sleepy." 

Ryujin smiles sheepishly at the older's words, turning her head to the screen. "How could you even watch these documentaries?" 

"Surprised you know how to say the word documentaries." Yeji replies, a shrug shortly followed by after. "I just like how peaceful the sounds are." 

The younger finds herself being even more amused by the model. It seems like Yeji used to study alone all the time, especially to the point where even the sounds in documentaries are a sort of comfort to her. 

"When I lived in Paris, I was extremely home sick." The cat eyed brunette lets out another laugh at the thought of her younger self. "I missed a lot of people. I would cope that feeling of being alone by watching documentaries about Seoul." 

Ryujin lets out a nod to show Yeji that she's listening. 

"In one of them, I saw someone that I really missed and it was just a crying mess that night. But still, the fact of being able to see them for once even if it was on the screen was a comfort to me." Yeji smiles at the past. "I know it's silly but because of those documentaries, I opened my eyes to reality for the first time." 

Ryujin finds herself looking at the brunette girl a bit too long, she rips her eyes away while swallowing down a bit of her saliva. "You know, it's always good to keep letting your eyes see your dream too." 

"It must be nice, Ryujin. Having your parents support your dreams. I'm jealous." 

The pink haired doesn't know what's gotten into her but she shocked herself when she suddenly reaches out to push Yeji's loose hair strand behind her ear. "Sorry, t-there was a strand and it was bothering me." 

"That's okay Shin." Yeji lets out a small giggle, her smile becoming a bit bright. "You know you ramble a lot when you're nervous. It's cute." 

God, Ryujin feels like she's going to faint anytime soon from what just happened. 

*** 

"I apologize for not being able to take you to school today." Yeji mutters tiredly, her eyes dozing off every few seconds while holding the front door open for the shorter. 

Ryujin shakes her head immediately, reassuring the older. "You're sick, you should go rest instead of standing up over here." 

"It'll make me feel better when I see you get in the car." The cat eyed girl speaks. "I'll prepare something for you when you get back home." 

The pink haired feels like she's in an actual marriage full of love with the model. It warms her heart a bit too much and Ryujin wonders if this is actually healthy for her. Does she really deserve this from Yeji? A lot of things run through her head. 

Nonetheless, Ryujin lets out a small nod in response. "I'll get going now. Don't miss me too much." 

"I'll try." Yeji says sarcastically, rubbing her eyes. 

With a small giggle escaping her mouth, it's safe to say that Shin Ryujin left the the house for school in a good mood today. 

---