thirty

"Good morning sleepy head." Yeji walks through the bedroom, a tray in her hand which consists of an omelet, lavender tea, and of course the holy grail; medicine.

The blue haired's eyes are yet fully to open as she pulls the covers over her head, confused on what time it is and when did it get so cold all of a sudden.

"Wake up. Take your covers off so I can place the compress to your ankle Shin." The older suggests, placing the tray on the dresser and grabbing the basket full of items needed for Ryujin's recovery.

Ryujin lets out a quiet groan, taking off the covers while carefully propping herself up on a pillow for her back. "It's like 9 in the morning."

She figures Yeji forgot about the entire thing last night. That's a good start.

"Well, I got called down to my company this morning and I need to make sure someone's well-taken care of before I leave." The cat eyed girl softly speaks, walking over to sit at the foot of the bed. Grabbing a pillow and placing it on her lap, Yeji gently picks up the younger's ankle and places it on top.

The artist closes her eyes at the warm touch of either the compress or the silver haired's.

"I'm sorry for dragging both you and Soobin into this mess." Ryujin looks down at her ankle, seeing the way Yeji's hand tightens her grasp on the hot compress.

Yeji doesn't respond, concentrating on making sure the basketball player's ankle is being cared for. However, she's listening.

"If anything happens today at the company, I will do anything in my power to persuade my parents for a divorce." The blue haired's heart feels sad at the thought of signing their divorce papers but what choice does she have?

The cat eyed girl stops with what she's doing, raising her head up to look at the younger. "Why would you think that a divorce will solve it?"

"Because we hate each other. We don't love one another like other couples do." Ryujin feels like she can burst out into tears right now. "At least for you.."

"I'm going to start heading out." Yeji says, making sure to not hurt Ryujin's ankle while taking it off of her lap. "After you eat, make sure you take your medicine."

Reaching Yeji is close yet so far.

***

"Was the stay in Paris not enough to get that through your thick skulled head?" Mrs. Hwang harshly speaks, while waiting for her husband to pick her up. "Now look? Everyone doesn't want to sign with a model who cheated on the daughter of a well known businessman."

Yeji can't open her mouth to defend herself back. Her parents's words means a lot to her, ever since she was a child. That's the first thing she yearns for, words of encouragement and an endless amount of love that other children gets from their parents. Yet, here she is getting scolded.

"Tell me Yeji? What is it about this boy that makes you love him so much?"

The cat eyed looks up, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. "I don't love him anymore, I told you this countless of times during the meeting."

"Then why? Was it worth it to throw away this career that your father and I built for yo-"

"-Yes! It was worth it!" Yeji raises her voice, feeling frustrated inside her chest. "You and father ruined me. I spent all my years as a child tormenting myself to become the daughter of your dreams. I felt depressed and later on between those years, Soobin and Jisu became my happiness."

The middle aged woman stares at her daughter with no remorse, looking at her like a monster. "Nonsense Hwang Yeji!"

"And now? You're heartbroken from a career that I wanted no interest in. A career that I forced myself to starve and liked just because it was the only way I would be able to come home to you two, wishing for you two to listen and hear me out because you think I threw it away for my best friend? A friend who I was once in love with and you ripped him away from me, breaking him along the process."