seventy one

"And where have you been?" Beomgyu asked, tapping his left foot in an upset manner in front of the door of the art studio.

Ryujin scoffs, rolling her eyes while she closes the door behind her. "What are you? My mom?"

"Didn't know a quick run to the vending machine would take two hours." The shagged haired male talks back, looking at the clock dramatically.

The female ignores the male, walking back to where her sculpture sat on the table.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" Beomgyu trails behind like a lost dog, glancing down at the sculpted head. "Are you going to tell her that you sculpted her face?"

Ryujin deeply sighs, shaking her head slowly as she spins the sculpture slowly. "She's leaving soon anyways, what difference will it make?"

"It makes everything, Ryujin." The male genuinely says. "You may not know it, but sometimes, even the most perfect person like Yeji can be insecure."

The artist looks up, confused on what Beomgyu meant.

"Life isn't rainbows for everyone like it seems like."

In what universe would Yeji be insecure?

"Are you staying the night to finish it up?" Beomgyu asks, turning back on his feet to stand over at his work table.

Ryujin pouts her bottom lip out in consideration, not liking the thought of spending the night on campus again. "If Professor. Yoon says I need more work, then possibly."

"Thank god!" The male thanks the universe from above. "I thought I was going to be the only one stuck with Aeri."

Before Ryujin could say something, a dried paint brush gets thrown across the room and perfectly smacks Beomgyu on the forehead.

"Aim game is perfect." Aeri laughs, throwing her head back which earns a glare from the shagged-haired male.

The male rubs his forehead, glaring at the Japanese with a teasing look in his eyes. "See. This is why Yizhou likes Minjeong and not you!"

***

Yeji can't help but to nervously bounce her leg up and down while biting down on her thumb in anxiousness. She's constantly refreshing the page of the news for any thing regarding Ryujin and her. Her mother says it won't affect Ryujin but what's to say she's telling the truth?

"Ji, your agency just called my parents." Soobin rushes to take a seat besides her. "Your mother is trying to take all your paid earnings from all the shoots you ever did."

What in the world?

The cat eyed freezes, the choking feeling in the back of her throat and the heavy sinking sitting in her chest. She doesn't know what's going to happen.

"Lend me your shoulder?" Yeji softly asks, not wanting to look up at her best friend in a vulnerable state.

The male scoots closer to the female, slightly adjusting his arm to be comfortable for her. He pats it with a gentle smile before the female rests her sad heart on his shoulder.

"Don't worry." The dimpled male assures his best friend, bringing his free hand to stroke Yeji's hair. "We're going to make sure she won't get any access to anything."

Yeji could only nod.

She just hopes nothing bad happens to her mother.

***

"Guess your divorce is official." Chaeryeong reads off her phone, looking up at the artist who's currently smoothing down her sculpture of a familiar cat-eyed face.