nine

After what seemed like forever, the two girls finally agreed to eat pasta at a restaurant where Yeji insists is decent.

"How long has it been since you and Jisu became friends?" Ryujin leans against the window, watching the lights of each building they drive by.

A soft smiles appears on Yeji and the pink haired amusingly stares while the older is concentrating on the road in front of them. Ryujin ends up staring a little too long.

"Since we were 4. She actually went by Julia when we were younger."

Ryujin's mouth falls down at the name "Julia" before closing it back up. "That's a long time."

"It is."

The car falls silent again. But it's a peaceful silence.

"This morning, I apologize for my behavior," Yeji clears her throat. "I shouldn't have left you."

The rebel nods, a derpy smiles appears for a quick second. "It's fine, I deserved it anyways for bringing Heejin over that one night."

"Are you two dating?"

Ryujin isn't sure but she thinks Yeji sounds pretty upset when asking that question? The basketball player ignores this excited gut feeling as she answers the brunette's question.

"Never in my life would I date Heejin."

The older doesn't respond back as she pulls into the restaurant's driveway. Scanning for a parking spot, she concentrates on the road for an open zone.

The whisker dimpled girl swallows down her saliva, breaking her eyes away from Yeji and looking out her side of window.

With the car finally parked in a space, the cat eyed girl turns to look at her marriage partner. In Yeji's eyes, Ryujin looks mesmerizing under the night's glow.

She didn't believe in how everyone said that one day, you'll truly find someone. But once her eyes met with the eyes of an artist, Yeji realizes that the certain pink haired girl brings a constant light in her life.

Ever since they were young.

The older's throat gets caught dry from the contact of the two. Feeling her heart jump as if it was trying to run away, she breaks their eye contact to contain herself.

"Let's quickly head in before it gets too late." The soft tone of Yeji's surprises the younger but nonetheless, she surprisingly obeys.

***

"Could I have one order of a basil pesto pasta and what are you going get?" The model diverts her attention towards the girl across from her.

Ryujin jumps up a little, looking down at her menu and back up. "Oh! Fresh shrimp and garlic pasta."

"And one fresh shrimp and garlic pasta." Yeji scans the menu for beverages. "The drinks are going to be one water and one sprite."

The waiter nods, writing the orders in his notepad. "Okay one basil pesto. One fresh shrimp and garlic. One water and one sprite. Would that be all?"

"Yes, that'd be all." The older nods, forcing a smile at the waiter.

"I will come back soon with the orders." He grabs their menus and leaves the table.

The pink haired's eyes scan the tennis player while muttering to herself. "I admit, she did look attractive when ordering."

Tying her brunette hair up in a ponytail, Yeji looks at herself in her phone's camera. "What time does your practice end tomorrow?"