nineteen

"You're home quite late." Ryujin speaks, her eyes still set onto watching the screen in front of her. Although, she fought herself back from glancing over at the older. "Where'd you go at this time?"

The brunette walks straight into the kitchen, placing the cake in the fridge. "Somewhere."

"At 4 in the morning?" The younger asks, turning towards Yeji's direction. "Were you alone or with..someone else?"

Yeji closes the fridge's door, controlling herself to not get irritated at the sight of hickeys on the pink haired's neck. "And you need to know this why?"

"I'm your wife?" Ryujin states the obvious, her brows raising up along with the statement.

Yeji's expression is stoic as ever. Her gaze burning into the artist's eyes. Letting out a silent laugh in disbelief, while leaning up against the counter. "We're married on paper, against our will in this unfair agreement between our mothers. You want me to tell you where I've been just because you're my arranged partner?"

"I have the right to know?" The pink haired replies, getting frustrated.

"Give me a break, Shin." Yeji leans away from the counter, opening back the fridge to get a water bottle off to cool off herself before she loses it with the artist. "You're such a hypocrite."

Ryujin sits up straight. "Were you with him or something?"

"Ryujin, if you want to play wife, go play with Hyeju or something." The older harshly says before walking swiftly past the artist to not hear anything from her mouth.

The pink haired squints her eyes from feeling angry. Nonetheless, she follows the brunette up the stairs. Wanting to justify herself but why should she? Countless of times, the cat eyed girl tells her that they're only married on paper. So why should Ryujin feel the need to explain what happened with Hyeju?

She shouldn't but she wants to.

"I don't like Hyeju like that, you know."

Yeji slightly jumps, pulling her top back down in order to cover herself. "You don't have to explain."

The basketball player gasps while her eyes widen. "I just wanted to let you know." Ryujin says while her back is facing towards the model to not let her feel uncomfortable.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to think I left you in the tennis court just to have sex with her."

The model dryly laughs. "But you did have sex with her."

"Why do you care?" Ryujin turns around to face the cat eyed girl, not caring anymore.

"I don't care." Yeji flat out says, her voice becoming stern indicating that she's lying. But of course, Ryujin doesn't know that. "You can go out and have sex with her for all I care. Like I said, we're married cause of our parents. Otherwise, I'd have no reason to associate myself with you."

Fuck; that was such a lie. Yeji feels her heart crumpling slightly the second the words spit out her mouth.

"Wow~ you're really what others say, right?" The younger looks down, feeling herself deject while her shoulders slump down.

The silence creeping onto the both of them becomes even stronger, but soon after, the cat eyed girl watches the artist leave their shared bedroom.

She sighs, cursing herself in her head before she punches the wall in anger at herself. Wincing at the pain on her knuckles but she grits her teeth at the feeling, knowing she deserves it for being the way she is.