Epilogue

As I looked at the girl who had broken me, hurt me, emotional abused me she disappeared back up towards the house. She knew I wanted nothing to do with her. Why would I ever want to see her? Especially here.
I stared at the house frozen. My foot wouldn't push down the break so I could put the car into drive. There was no way I was going to make my way up to that house knowing the two of them were inside but I couldn't find it in me to drive away.
My eyes glanced down at the clock on my dash board. The time read 11:57pm. It didn't feel like I had sat that long outside of his house but I guess I had. It was too late to get any joy out of my birthday.
I reached for the shifter as my foot pressed on the break but I was startled when my passenger door popped open.
"Emmy," his voice was fragile. It was the first time, I think ever, I've seen him falter in such a way where he was close to breaking.
"Luke." I said softly back, finally glancing at the blonde boy I had avoided for months.
"Woah." Luke's eyes glanced down at me as the light peaked through from the street lamps. "You're-" his hand reached out to touch me causing me to move away from him. "Emmy." His voice broke for the first time for real.
"I found out a few days after my mom's funeral. My period was a few weeks late so I had my dad get me a test when he finally got home from his deep depression after losing my mom." I held my hands over the bump that sat in front of me. The bump he had tried to touch himself.
"You didn't tell me." I could see tears forming in his eyes. He was broken that I didn't tell him. I understood his pain. It was his child as much as it was mine.
"I didn't tell anyone. No one knows. I don't talk to anyone." I reached out for the first bit of human contact since my moms funeral and grabbed his hand. The touch of another human felt foreign.
I placed his hand on my belly and almost instantly the little one inside went wild. Leave it to Luke to pull his child out of a fully inactive state.
"I miss you, so much Emmy. I've been begging to have you back." Luke moved closer as his hand bounced as the baby kicked between my skin.
"But she's here." I said softly barely even audible.
"She's here because the guys are out of town and I have no one here besides family and I was losing it. The type of losing it that family can't be around. Emery, this has been the hardest time watching you hermit away again. I couldn't take it. The amount of times I've driven past your house just to make sure lights were turning off to know you were alive. You have no idea Em." He sighed as he dropped his head to my shoulder.
"When you lose your mom you will understand." I instantly regretted my words but they were already said. I couldn't take back what has already left.
"You're right I will. But you have to take care of yourself. You have to take care of this." Luke squeezed my belly a little. "The band and I are always going to be here. No matter what."
"You're kind of stuck for life now." I tried to raise my spirits a little by putting out a little joke.
"Is it going to be a mini Em or a mini Luke?" I shrugged my shoulders. I hadn't been to the doctors even though I knew I should have gone. No one could convince.
"You don't know?" Luke gasped. "Wait you haven't even been to the doctors for our baby have you?"
I shook my head in response knowing he would be upset with me.
Time flew by. It was like I blinked and there I was sitting in a hospital room giving birth to a beautiful baby boy. Of course Luke was going to have his mini me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Luke wouldn't let me leave his side after my birthday. I practically lived in his house. I didn't have the option. He didn't give me that option. He took me to every doctors appointment. He held my hand through the hardest part of grieving. He was better than my father. That was for sure.
It took two days of sitting in the hospital to finally come up with a name for our baby boy. We didn't take the influence of anyone around us. Honestly, we even kept our pregnancy a secret. Hard to believe I know. But living in Australia and hiding from paparazzi was way easier than being in the states.
"Mack Hemmings." I smiled looking at our baby boy in Luke's arms.
"Are you sure you don't want a middle name? I know how much that has always meant a lot to you." Luke said as I caressed our babies chubby cheeks.
"No middle name. Just little Mack." I smiled knowing that my mom would approve of the name. Her middle name was Mackenzie. It was fitting. It just felt right.
"Are you ready to announce this to the world?" Luke said as we stood in front of cameras for the first time in months.
"As ready as I'll ever be."
The cameras flashed as smiles rose to our faces. The perfect family photo.
Like any other big moment in life Luke and I found our normal place on the one radio show who had been on our sides since day one.
"Today we have two guest who have seemingly been MIA for the past 5 months." The interviewer spoke. "And one who seems to have recently made an arrival."
"Well, we basically wanted to announce that we are back and ready to continue on with our lives. Emery went through a really rough time after losing her mom and she needed to heal. We got our little healer here." Luke reached across to me to touch Mack in my arms.
"Little Mack." I smiled.
"Just to clarify, this is both of your baby?"
"Yeah." I sighed with a faded smile. "I found out after my mom passed I was pregnant. The only person I've ever been with is Luke. So this is definitely our baby. Little Mack Hemmings."
"You've heard it here first. Emery Blake and Luke Hemmings have had a baby boy. In honor of such great news why don't we give a little throw back to everyone's favorite song." The 'Robert and Caydence' song began to play and our life as we now knew it officially began.
The word now knew our biggest kept secret. There was no more hiding our demons. We had a child. We have a life. We had a future. It was now about trying to keep it all on track and not letting Luke's past creep up on him.
——-
I bet no one was expecting this after a million years of waiting.
After rereading this over the past month I thought it was best to give this a real ending. I hope you all enjoyed that Luke and Emery ended up together. It only seemed fitting after everything they had been though. I couldn't let Olive take the reigns. No way in hell.

Well the chapter and this book if officially closed. I hope you enjoy this little add on. ♥️

Much love xx Ashley