34

"Before you talk Luke can I say something?" My tongue parted my lips and ran across them as I got the okay to speak. "You look really good tonight." My eyes traced every imperfection. His hair was an absolute disaster. It was pushed back and all over the place. It didn't help that, the winner himself, had the hands of his friends pushing it all over the place. It just looked cute, even hot for that matter. He had a few blemishes on his forehead which I actually quite liked. It made him more normal that people put him out to be.

He felt self-conscious after the comment and ran his fingers through his hair once before they found their way back to mine. I wanted to comment on how much I loved when he did that but I let it be. I just smiled as my eyes found their focus with his. They almost seemed to get lost in the dark lighting of the bowling alley. Something that was rare with him. His eyes were so bright all the time, they were never hidden from anything.

"I missed the living hell out of you. But I want to be completely honest with you." I felt my eyes drifting from his as he spoke. He squeezed my hands I think both with nerves and wanting me to focus back on him. "I had thoughts while you were back home." I let a soft sigh waiting him to continue but I prepared myself for what was coming. "I saw a girl at a party one night, she was absolutely fucking incredible." This time his eyes drifted from mine as I assumed he thought of the girl he spoke about. "Her body was out of this world, if I had been the boy I was before falling in love with you I would have fucked her then and there. Hell I wanted to she was to die for but I didn't." As he finished speaking his eyes met back up with mine. My hands barely held onto his now. It was him holding on hoping I wasn't hurting inside.

"Your penis wanted her huh?"

"Oh god did it want her." He closed his eyes for a moment catching his lip between his teeth for just a moment. "But I didn't do it, he didn't do it." A small smile spread across his face, he was proud of himself for not thinking with his penis. It was a break through. As much as it hurt to hear him talking about another girl like the way he was. I wanted to know that he was strong enough to stop himself.

"You know I saw this really cute guy the other day too." I raised my eye brow at him.

"You left the house? Shit." I let go of his hand and hit it slightly. I still held one of his hands in mine with the other played with the hem of my shirt.

"His eyes might have beat yours on the pretty scale, and you know that's a hard one to beat." I glanced up at Luke slightly with a smile. The honest truth was I hadn't actually seen a cute boy. Luke was right, I hadn't left the house. I couldn't keep making up the lie, I just wanted to see him jealous for a few seconds which didn't seem like it was happening. "What am I kidding? You're right. I didn't leave the house."

"I know you too well." He smiled kissing the top of my head. "If you ever meet a guy with prettier eyes than me though, I better know about it right away." I laughed quietly to myself. "I mean it Emmy." He tightened his arm around me.

I never realized how much I missed being his arms until this moment. Nothing ever really compares to getting hugged by the one you love the most. After a week of not spending a moment in his arms it's something you long for, something I longed for. I missed feeling his body tense as he tightened his grip around me as if I were going to float away if he let go. "Luke Robert Hemmings?"

"Yes, Emery Caydence Blake?"

"Do you want to know why I wanted to be home for two weeks instead of being out here with you?" I looked up at him, my head finding a perfect place to rest under his arm. He nodded his head waiting to hear whatever it was holding me back from him. "My mum isn't well." He gave me the most puzzled look I think I'd ever seen his face show. I took a deep breath. "She wanted me to have my time with you though." My teeth bit the inside of my mouth fighting back the emotions I knew were inevitability going to come.