14

He hesitated. He didn't even speak actually. He looked at me not saying anything at all. I finally wiped the tears that had created stains on my face. I didn't have to look in the mirror to know. I waited for him to talk but it didn't seem to come. I didn't know how to handle the situation. I could feel both anger and sadness and I didn't know which to show. I just shook my head at his silence.

"Exactly why I'm too scared to actually be with you. Can't even answer my question." I bit my lip so I wouldn't explode word vomit from my mouth. "You keep kissing me, we keep kissing to hide up the fact that neither of us want to talk about the big elephant in the room. We try to sweep it under the rug. Guess what? We both need to realize that a rug doesn't cover an elephant."

"Fine. Before you called I was seeing someone. We weren't an item. We were hooking up. It was casual. Nothing more than a friends with casual hook ups while I was in town. I mean you can't have a good relationship with someone when you're traveling around the world. She walked into the restaurant. That is why I wanted to leave." It wasn't just the camera's the truth came out.

"So you so called loved me but were sleeping with another girl?" I questioned him with an anger in my tone.

"How the hell was I supposed to know you were going to call me up? I couldn't wait for you to forgive me. I didn't know if you would ever forgive me for all the shit I put you through. The guys did tell me the hell you went through. I knew that you were in a deep dark place that it seemed like no one could get you out of. I knew exactly what I had caused. Did I ever think that I would get the chance to be with the girl who I fucked everything up with? Never Emmy. I had to try on to move on, just like you did with Calum." My body cringed at the words of Calum and me. "How long has this been getting to you?"

"You don't want to know." I looked out the bus window and avoided looking at him. I heard shuffling and then I could feel his presence closer to me. "I don't want to talk about this anymore." I said not looking at him. I still didn't know if all the truth was being told. I didn't know how long it was going to take for me to trust him again. I didn't know if I would ever fully trust him. I hoped he understood. He pulled me into him as my eyes still focused out the window. He sighed and just held me.

We both found ourselves dozing off. I don't remember getting up and going into bed but I woke up next to Luke in the morning. We both didn't get much sleep. It read all over us as we dragged around getting ready for the day. There was a weird tension between us as well. Things weren't fully hashed out. We were on weird terms and I was about to up and leave.

"What songs are you going to play today?" Calum asked me as I made myself some toast for breakfast. I shrugged. I hadn't had time to think about it. With the fight or argument or talk, whatever it was, between Luke and me.

"Whatever they want I guess." I shrugged and coughed. The lack of sleep always made me sick. It was going to be a long day full of sneezing, coughing, and runny noses. But nothing would slow me down from my day. I looked over towards Luke who was digging through clothes for a shirt to wear. "Do you mind if I borrow your guitar for the day?" He didn't answer me. "Luke."

"Huh?" He looked up towards me and I asked him again. He shrugged but didn't say anything. I sighed and ignored his off attitude.

Everything had been set up for my little gig and I tweeted out exact details. As time got closer I got nervous. The boys were off preparing for their show while I got ready for mine. While preparing I looked for flights home. I got one for right after my performance. It meant I got to say no goodbyes to them. Goodbyes were hard so I didn't mind. It was hard to leave things unfinished with Luke but I needed to go. I needed to get home.

I showed up to the place I was going to play and waited for people to arrive. The girl I invited was obviously the first to arrive. Slowly more and more people began to show. Which I was honestly surprised about. I didn't think that people would actually come. I hoped they would but I didn't know they actually would.