32

"What the fuck are you even saying?" I was quiet. "You really think of me like that Emery? Really?" He laughed out of anger. "You want me to break up with you because I'm going to cheat on you?" He shook his head. "Nice to know how highly my girlfriend thinks of me." His hand reached for the door but I grabbed him before he could step out. "I think you've said all you needed to."

"Luke Robert Hemmings."

"Emery you've said all you needed to, clearly."

"Stop." I scream both mad at myself and him. I didn't let go of his arm as he tried to fight me off to leave. The scream scared him and he stopped fighting and looked at me. "I'm always fucking scared that you'll want someone else Luke. You are the fucking middle man of one of the biggest bands in the world. You have millions of fans, millions of people better than me, you deserve everything I am not. You always have." My hand dropped his.

"Jesus Christ Emery when the fuck will you get it through your head if I wanted anyone else I'd go for someone else. I dropped every hook up I had, I dropped everything for you. I would drop anything for you. I dropped everything for the girl that I have had since day one because she is all I care about. Stop worrying about me doing shit with other people because you give me everything I want and need and more. Jeez do you give me everything and more." He sighed and I knew his mind thought to the photos we privately shared and every crazy hook up we had.

"Life was easier when I loved you and you didn't know." I looked at past him at the house I had spent countless nights studying everything about him. Every freckle that fell upon his skin. Every crease created by every emotion he felt. Every curve of every inch of his body. My mind had created a map of him in his entirety and he had no idea.

"It may have been easier but what do you prefer Emery? Drunken hook ups you don't remember or making love enjoying and remembering every incredible moment." My lip found its usual placement between my teeth as Luke knew the answer that should have been leaving my mouth. "Would you rather still have Olive with me between the sheets or you?" My eyes lost their focus on the house and found their way back to Luke. He knew how to catch my attention.

"She ruined me." Instant hurt filled my body when her named ran through my ears. He pulled me into him. "There isn't any other way I'd want to spend my life than with you Luke." I sighed. His lips kissed the top of my head. "Can I ask you something?" The car was quiet but I knew he wanted me to ask. "Why do you want me to come back to LA with you so bad? We are stuck with each other 24/7 on the road. What is one week without each other?"

"It's you being on a completely different time zone than me, meaning who knows if we will ever talk." I gave him a look. He knew we'd speak, it had to be so much more than that. "I don't want rumors to start about us. Like about us breaking up or something. It sounds stupid because I don't care what people have to say but," he sighed, "I know that it hurts you."

"You're cute." I booped his nose, something I had gotten away with so much more often that I had once before. "Luke Hemmings and Emery Blake Break Up! Who is next for this rock star?" I smiled at him. "Most fans think it might be another band member, who knows these days, it could be possible. Send us who you think is next for Luke Hemmings. Are you team Muke, Cake, or Lashton? As for Emery, do you think she'll be jealous if her two exes start dating? Or will she join, threesome on the way. I guess we will have to wait and see."

"Em stop!" He tried to cover my mouth but I fought his hands with mine. I tried to continue but all the flailing arms caused laughter to break my story telling. I was very good at creating these media stories. Most of the time they were pretty on point. If something ever happened to one of the guys I could call the media headlines the next day without fault. I swear media is way too predictable. They should just hire me and put me in charge. I could come up with a better story than them without even trying.