6

As interviews occurred, questions were asked. We did our best to keep the attention away from us. We always tried to put the attention back on the real reason we were going to interviews, the tour. It was hard to focus on the idea of tour when I knew what was coming at the end of it. The end was coming near, for my music career. As fast as it took off was as fast as it was going to be ending.

When I got to telling the boys they were disappointed with my decision. They always thought I deserved the light they were getting. I had such a talent that should be shared but it just wasn't for me. It was what they wanted and I gave them that, but nothing is as good going at it alone. They would never know what it was like going solo. Everything was better with a group.

"Emzy?" I looked back towards the house. I was in the backyard taking in some sun. I needed time to process the big change that was coming. I urged him to continue. "Did I walk out on you and Luke? The night everything went down?" I nodded avoiding eye contact with him.

"Why are we back on this conversation?" Everyone knew I hated it.

"Why are you giving me an attitude?" He sat down next to me.

"I don't want to talk about it Calum. Luke told everyone how it was. It was a mistake. We fooled around and I remember none of it." I looked at Calum. I hadn't spoken to anyone about why I felt so bitter about the whole situation. It wasn't the fact that Luke would never look at me the way I looked at him. It was the fact that I hadn't done things with a guy. Sure I had a few make outs in my time but I had never gone anywhere else with them. The fact that Luke was the person who took it to that next step scared me. Not because it was Luke, but because I didn't remember any of it. That question of your first time doing this and that for me was something I'd never know what happened.

"I know for a fact that it wasn't a mistake to you stop lying to yourself. I have known since formal to you nothing with him is a mistake. I'm not a complete idiot Emzy, I pay attention. You could have cared less about going to formal with me. Not that I care because I'd pick going with you any day over going alone. I don't know what it is like falling for your best friend. But it has got to hurt to be turned down and forced to think of it as a mistake."

"It's a mistake because I was too drunk to remember it." I rested my head on Calum's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me being the only one to see things from my point of view. "Why were you upset when you found out things had happened?"

"Because I know the conversations that happen behind your back. The guy talk that you don't get to hear. All of the studio writing, all of the stupid conversations we have. We talk about things that you will never know about and the fact that he played you just sucks. I just feel for you."

"Let me guess, he talked about a hook up after we hooked up? But never said it was us." Calum denied that it happened. "Talk about how I'd never get with anyone in the band vice versa?" He looked at me and shrugged but didn't say anything. "I'm just not good enough for anyone. That's why I've been single for 18 years." I sighed and shrugged him off of me.

"Stop it Emzy. It's not like that." I got up and walked away from him. I stopped before entering the house.

"Maybe if I didn't have famous friends I'd get more attention. Everyone thinks I'm just hooking up with all of you. Everyone thinks I'm some whore. No one wants a girl who 'feeds off other people's fame'." I opened the door to the house without realizing someone was standing there and walked into them.

"Whoa." Michael exclaimed as my body came barreling into him. "Calm down there Em." He grabbed my shoulders before I could take him out.

"Don't touch me." I pushed past him and left the house. The teddy bear followed me. I tried to ignore the fact he was following me but it was hard. He didn't deserve to get the brunt of my anger. None of them did actually, beside Luke. Michael let me do my thing but he kept a watch on me. We talked before we made our way back to our place.