5

I buried my head into his chest. "You okay?" I shook my head but said nothing. He held his arms around me. He was my comfort system in that moment. He knew that if I wanted to talk I would, so he didn't question. He let me go when he knew I was done sulking, no moment before. I was done with the day and he knew it. He consoled me and pushed me to finish the day. He promised my choice of food afterwards. Anything I desired he'd get me.

We all finished filming and I just wanted to go home. That is where we headed. Luke and I avoided each other which had become normal. As much as I hoped the boys didn't realize what was going on between Luke and me, I knew they had. I don't think either of us were really ready to fully tell everyone yet. There was no reason to tell them if nothing came of it. The only thing that really came from it was him using the new information against me.

There was a quiet knock on the door, I knew it was Luke. It was late, the only person I knew who would still be awake was him. I couldn't sleep with the anger of the day. It over whelmed me. I assumed it was doing the same to him. But I knew letting him in would just lead to another argument so I pretended I was sleeping. I heard the click of my door being opened and I closed my eyes. I heard footsteps creeping across the floor.

"Emery?" I didn't reply. I felt a hand being placed against my arm followed by a slight shake. I tried to ignore it. "Emmy." He only called me that when it was serious. Being called Emmy was a downfall from him. Something about it took me back to our child hood, before I knew what love was. He only called me Emmy when he really needed to talk. "If you are going to pretend sleep then I'll just talk." He went on to explain how he had been playing with my emotions. He finally spoke about using me for a rebound that night. He shared that he didn't ever feel any way for me. I knew tears were falling down my cheeks that he could clearly see but it didn't stop him. He apologized for all of it. I didn't want the apology. I wanted him to love me. He touched my face and wiped away my tears before kissing my forehead. "Any guy smart enough to fall for you is lucky to love a girl like you."

"I guess you're stupid and unlucky." I finally spoke sitting up. He laughed a little. "Things will never be the same." He agreed. "I think its best I stop all of this." I pointed to all the music things around my room. "One album wonder." I rested my head on my knees that were pulled to my chest, keeping my eyes on him.

"Do what makes you happy Emmy." He kept a smile on his face. It was so inviting, it made me happy. Something about the way the smile fell upon his face this night was different. It was not forced, it was like a weight was gone, and it was genuine.

"Don't hate me." I moved closer to him. He told me to be happy and I contemplating kissing him one last time. I didn't want to ruin everything we had just slightly fixed so I decided against it. I rested my head against his shoulder looking at the wall behind him. It was somewhat like old times with a bunch of horrible things leading up to it. He reassured me that he would never hate me. "Did another girl give you the hickey?"

"No." He rested his head against mine. I didn't know why would of all the things I needed to ask that but I did. At least for a bit I claimed him even if he wanted nothing to do with it.

"We didn't like do stuff right?" I played with my fingers thinking back to the night that would never happen again. He could see none of it.

"You don't remember the night at all do you?" I shook my head beneath his. He explained the night to his fullest extent. There were blanks in the story, it was a blurred memory for everyone. That night was a disaster in the making. We learned from that night to never let us be alone and drunk together. It made me embarrassed as he replayed the night. We both took advantage of each other. We were both at fault for the whole night. The room filled with silence as the night's story concluded. I didn't know how to respond to everything that had happened. His body moved slightly as he let out a big sigh.