3

The next year of our lives was intense. There was a lot of time spent apart. We had to do things separately. Our lives were going in two different directions. It was the one thing I was afraid of from the start. They had been signed to go on tour with the biggest band in the world, One Direction. I was stuck doing my solo thing. Making an album, filming music videos or just YouTube videos in general. My career consisted of building my name and brand, something the guys easily got.

I poured all my feelings into my album. I wrote a song about Formal. It was about wanting something so bad but not getting it. It was about making someone else happy instead of yourself. It was about taking the second best. It was about being in love with someone and having no chance with them. It was about everything I felt leading up to and at formal. It was a night that I carried with me forever. I had plenty of songs about Luke, about the band, my life was put to pen and paper and then into lyrics and music.

As the band began to tour with One Direction one thing became evident. Luke and Olive were no longer Luke and Olive. I got plenty of phone calls from the both of them. There was nothing I could do being hundreds of thousands of miles away from the both them. As much as I felt happiness that the guy I loved was no longer taken there wasn't anything I could do about my feelings. All I knew is a group of six had changed to a group of five again. Might as well say the group of five was a group of four with how little I saw of them.

After they had toured for about a month it was finally time I got to see them. As I made my way to the venue to see them I filled with excitement. As soon as the car I was in came to a stop I was running to my best friends. I don't think anything could have been planned more perfectly. It was like a scene from a movie as I ran to Luke. I jumped into his arms and held him tight. I had missed everything about him. We had spent our whole lives together going this long without each other was hard on us.

"I have missed you so much Emery." He said not letting go. He needed his best friend's hugs more than anything.

"I've missed you too Luke." I felt my legs touch the ground again but we refused to let go of the hug. We had gone through so many ups and downs together. To not be there for each other for the biggest ones was difficult. "More than you could ever know." I looked up him and I could just see sadness all of his face.

"How've you been?"

"I should be asking you that." He shook his head not wanting to talk about it. We talked about it over the phone but phone calls never compare to real life conversations. He was heartbroken just as I had always been. I wanted all his pain to go away. I wanted to take all his pain away but it wasn't that easy.

It would take months to get him back to the Luke I had always known. By the time the tour was over and we all were finally settling down. Not that our lives would ever stop now but we could be somewhat normal for a bit. We all had a house together, something we never thought would happen but it did.

I didn't want to make things awkward with my feelings with Luke, especially living together. But sometimes things don't always go to plan. One night we all had a bit too much to drink. Things got a little bit out of control. It was late, we were the only ones awake. We were having a drunken talk about love and feelings. The next thing I knew our lips were against each other's. I don't remember who instigated it or how it even got to that point but it did. The moment I had dreamt of since middle school was coming to life in a drunken mistake.

As our lips parted I couldn't even look at him. I didn't want to see the disappointment all over his face. Drunk or not there is no way it was what he wanted. I had to have been the one to instigate it. I glanced off into the distance of the night feeling a drunken weight of another human on me followed by a face coming into my view. It was him looking at me. His arms wrapped around my neck. There was no way he wanted any of this, it was all a drunken mistake.