31

"Thank you for never giving up on me." I smiled feeling a little bashful at his comment. I didn't understand why it made me feel this way but I liked it. I could say the same to him though. We had both put each other through so much hell. We had definitely learned to take the good with the bad in our relationship.

"Thank you for never giving up on me." I replied slightly looking up seeing a small smile spread across his face. "Can I talk to you about something I've been thinking about?"

"Of course."

"The break coming up," I found myself anxiously biting on my lip. A bad habit I had seemed to create since being on tour. My lips hated me for it. I would nervously peel the skin from my lips but I couldn't control it.  "I want to go home and see my mum."

"I thought you were going to LA with us Em." He sounded disappointed but I knew he understood.

"I just miss her." I sighed unwrapping my arms from around him and fiddling with my fingers as he kept his arms around me. I stared at my thumb rubbing against its twin. "I know you don't want to come though."

"Emery look at me." His hand reached for my chin and lifted it slowly to look at him. "Do you want me to come home with you, give me the real answer, no bullshit?"

"I want you to do what you want to do." He gave me a look, he knew I wasn't telling him the full truth. There was no hiding things from him.

"No bullshit Em."

"I do." I looked away from him causing his hand to drop down to his side touching my hands in the process. They were still nervously fiddling together. I felt a soft kiss pressed to the side of my head. His hands reached for mine in the process and he held them tightly stopping my nervous twitch.

"Can we compromise?" His thumb ran along mine as he spoke. I looked back at him for him to continue. "One week there, one week here. The best of both worlds." I looked down for a second and then at him.

"I think I can deal with that." I heard three familiar voices coming closer so I gave Luke one final hug before walking off towards the voices with him.

The break vastly approached as it seemed we never stopped going. When you don't have time to stop and think time just flies by so fast. I was mentally and physically exhausted. Nothing ever really prepares you for doing a job such as what we did. I needed a comfortable bed, something that felt like home. I needed to get my head back in the right head space.

Luke and I flew off to Australia for the first week and I couldn't have been happier. There was something so peaceful about sleeping in my bed waking up to my mum being absolutely annoying. It was something I grew up absolutely fucking hating. But now it just made me feel at home, happy. I would fall asleep knowing I'd wake up to my mum doing something ridiculous around the house.

Luke: Ding Dong.

Emery: ?

Luke: Your bedroom door is locked. So either you're hiding another man in there, or you have officially lost your mind.

I got up and unlocked my door letting Luke into my room. "Find him, he's hiding from you for very obvious reasons." I joked with Luke as he walked over wrapping his arms around me for a hug. I leaned back looking at how much he had let his scruff grow out through the week we spent at home.

"Very funny Emmy." I giggled scrunching my nose in the process.

"No I was um," I shook my head, "You'll find out soon enough what I was doing."

"Now you have me curious." I tried to wink but utterly failed ending in both of us laughing. I could see his brain processing everything as he laughed. As things clicked his facial expression changed almost immediately. "I want them now."