9

We pulled up to a house I had only seen the inside off. Endless amounts of facetimes had made the place familiar. We walked inside and I was surprised to walk in and see no one downstairs. "I'll go get them." He said quietly. I hid at the bottom of the stairs behind a corner. I heard Ashton tell the guys he had a surprise. I heard him tell two different people, followed by him coming back downstairs. I heard two sets of footsteps follow down behind him. With all the commotion I heard the final set of feet coming down the stairs. My heart got slightly nervous to be facing him.

"What's the surprise?" Michael questioned Ashton. I could see panic in Ashton's face as Luke reached the bottom of the stairs. I jumped out from around the corner causing the three to jump. Luke was the first to land his eyes on me. He just stared not knowing how to react. Michael and Calum came running at me embracing me in hugs.

"I am the surprise." I smiled looking between the two boys. But then I found myself looking at Luke who hadn't taken his eyes off me. Ashton was watching all of Luke's movements like a hawk. He hadn't invited him down for a reason but Luke didn't know. "Excuse me." I said to Michael and Calum walking between the two of them towards Luke.

"Emmy." It was like there was a frog in his throat. Like all his breath had been taken from him. I took a step up onto the bottom stair to be the same height as him. All his actions were wearing off on me. I couldn't seem to control anything. All I could think about was him singing. Him sitting in darkness playing his guitar and singing the song to me. I reached forward towards him and wrapped my arms around him. It brought shock to all the boys' faces.

"Luke." I could feel my heart beating through my whole body. I could feel the heat filling my face. I had become face to face with the disaster we had made. I felt nervous, we both felt nervous. "It's okay." I comforted him quietly. He put his arms around me. It was the long waited hug from the phone call.

"What is going on?" Calum questioned.

I put my mouth to Luke's ear. "Why do you do this to me?" My voice was soft. None of the other guys could hear. The whole situation between the two of us was smooth like butter. He had me melting the moment his body came into my sights. I hadn't forgotten the past but I wasn't letting it compromise the present and the future. If I happened again it was the end but everyone deserves a second chance.

"I'm sorry." He whispered back to me. His face and tone was filled with satisfaction. He even had a slight chuckle in his response.

"Will someone answer my question?" Calum spoke again.

My lips crashed into Luke's for the second time ever following Calum's question.

"What the fuck?" I heard from both Michael and Ashton. Calum was left speechless.

Luke and I were in our own little world. We laughed at the reaction. We didn't know how else to react honestly. I felt happiness overwhelm me. I looked into his eyes with such exuberance. I think it was the most smiley we both had ever been. But the room around us was filled with such confusion.

"Seriously what the fuck is going on?" Calum broken the silence of the room.

"I love," I began to speak.

"her." Luke cut me off midsentence.

"Excuse me?" Calum questioned again.

"She called me." Luke began to actually speak out about his feelings to his band members. I'm pretty sure that he hadn't talked about this with them. The moment he told me on the phone all of his feelings I knew he hadn't told anyone actually. It was like a weight lifting off his shoulders. It was like he had been carrying all this weight and it had finally all been taken off. "Things just happened I don't know." Maybe he wasn't ready to speak about everything. I stepped in. I explained everything.